9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little preview of my tails.. I am picking them up today so I will post pictures when I get them back on. Also my Injen CAI is scheduled for delivery today! I'm pretty excited!
View attachment 5443

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Professional spray.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
damn those are dark, but will look very sexy on a black car :) i want to see it on the car!

ADExternal, if your concerned about light output this is not for you. tint this dark will be difficult to see the brake lights come on if its a bright/sunny day. At night, they will look about as 25-50% as bright as stock

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I can't wait to get them back tonight and get them on!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My brake light on the "spolier" was not tinted. So I still have that to put out full light. But yes these are going to be dark. I will post pics of them on the car probably tomorrow morning!! Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
damn those are dark, but will look very sexy on a black car :) i want to see it on the car!

ADExternal, if your concerned about light output this is not for you. tint this dark will be difficult to see the brake lights come on if its a bright/sunny day. At night, they will look about as 25-50% as bright as stock
I already did my tails tint to match metal polish lols. I was just wondering when the OP said "professional" and see how well it turns out. Depending on how they shop did it the contrast between multiple thin layers or one think layer, its a huge difference between 25% and 50%.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already did my tails tint to match metal polish lols. I was just wondering when the OP said "professional" and see how well it turns out. Depending on how they shop did it the contrast between multiple thin layers or one think layer, its a huge difference between 25% and 50%.
Not sure exactly how they did it. The guy who's doing them his family owns a body shop and he has done tint on a bunch of cars in our car club so I know he does good work. I'm excited.

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts

ive had this done before. its just a diluted black base with clear coat. looks super black.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Omg!!! I will post tomorrow they are amazing!!!!! Also that intake, holy Christ I love it!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They were $120. I will post pics in a bit!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also got my Injen CAI intake installed last night. Without a doubt it adds power and a little more noise when you hit vtec. I love it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts