9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! Had this crazy epiphany today at lunch when i guy/retard tried spray painting his sandwich! I was thinking.. my all red LED dome lights really suck at giving off light... Why don't I tint them red, (from the inside-out) and put bright white LED's in there instead!?

Now i've got a tiny issue... what transparent, red tint can i use that will be moderately head resistant?

Any idea's let me know :)

Gonna buy some new lenses in case i mess up :)

#1, #7 and #9

I priced out the parts through my local Honda Dealer.

Center: $9.72
Fr Right: $6.86
Fr Left: $6.86

That's shipped, just add tax :)
Glad i ordered them today because FR Right/Left Lenses are on B/O until ~December 15th

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO @ some guy spray painting his sandwich.
Lol yeh he was kinda lost in his own mind...

Gave me a great idea tho :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
me personally would leave the dome and map lights with an led white at first i wanted them blue but it seems a lil too much to me blue ambient lights is enough for me im not trying to go over board with the color lighting in my car but hey it looks good to some people but i dont think a colored light would give off good enough light if you had to look for something in your car in the dark just my input

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
me personally would leave the dome and map lights with an led white at first i wanted them blue but it seems a lil too much to me blue ambient lights is enough for me im not trying to go over board with the color lighting in my car but hey it looks good to some people but i dont think a colored light would give off good enough light if you had to look for something in your car in the dark just my input
that's what i'm saying. I have red LED's in the car right now... They don't give enough light, but i don't want to go away from the red color.

I'd like to tint the lenses to keep the red light but use bright white LED's to give off more lumens :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does spray painting a sandwich remind you of how your dome lights don't give off enough light....?
LOL! I know it's odd, but he was using a wrench tinting spray can.. then it made my mind wander....like so.....

from seeing him spraying to thinking about me spraying, then tinting, then things i like to tint, then my window tinting, then the time i tried to change the color of my PC LED's by tinting themm, then it make me think of other LED's that i've installed, then i thought of my dom lights, then i got sad cuz my dome lights weren't bright enough, then i put 2 and 2 together and thought about how spraying+tinting+LED's+Dome lights!!

OMG! I should tint my dome lights and make them red and put white LED's to make them bright!! WOOOO!!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
VHT Nightshades comes in red also! You could definitely try that, seems like it would be the best option since it's made to be transparent.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VHT Nightshades comes in red also! You could definitely try that, seems like it would be the best option since it's made to be transparent.
oh wow! never knew that! Great! Thank youuuu :)

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
You could possibly go the vinyl overlay route as another option. If you had a sheet of red vinyl overlay you could cut a piece to cover the inside of plastic lens. This might be tricky to cover the entire inside of the lens without leaving any gaps, but certainly is doable.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Aw nuts! I just saw that you posted an hour and 20 minutes ago about the Nightshade. Knowing you, it's probably already ordered, paid for and is on its way overnight delivery.
:tongue4:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aw nuts! I just saw that you posted an hour and 20 minutes ago about the Nightshade. Knowing you, it's probably already ordered, paid for and is on its way overnight delivery.
:tongue4:
HAHA! I think you know me a bit too well! LOL!

But yeh the issue with vinyl overlays is that the heat from the LED's may cause an issue.. even tho it is minimalistic. I ordered everything anyways, gonna try it and see how it turns out :)

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
HAHA! I think you know me a bit too well! LOL!

But yeh the issue with vinyl overlays is that the heat from the LED's may cause an issue.. even tho it is minimalistic. I ordered everything anyways, gonna try it and see how it turns out :)
Cool. Post pics ASAF (Finished).
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Ohhhh Ali.... you should have just texted me about this...... stay with red led dome bulbs since it WILL still show the white on the edges of the lenses.....

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Hey guys! Had this crazy epiphany today at lunch when i guy/retard tried spray painting his sandwich!
They make bacon spray paint?! What will you crazy Canadians think of next? Maybe my country and your country should pair up and trade Funyuns for Bacon spray paint.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohhhh Ali.... you should have just texted me about this...... stay with red led dome bulbs since it WILL still show the white on the edges of the lenses.....
oh nooo :( Well if that's the case, i'm going to vht the LED's red hahahaha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts