9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post this just in case someone wanted to try tinting their tailights with VHT Nightshades but was worried about it messing up your tailights. It is reversible, its only a cheap single stage paint really. You can easily remove VHT by simply spraying them off with brake parts cleaner and wiping the VHT off. Once you do that you wash them and you can polish them with any normal polish from an auto parts store. They will look as good as new. And yes I do know this from experience, I just removed my VHT off my tailights that has been on there for a year within about 10 mins. Any questions about paint or other things you may have feel free to ask.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Seems much easier than using paint thinner!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is the brake-parts cleaner bad for the taillights themselves? My father is fond on using it to clean his wheels but ive never done it thingking it can mess up the tire or plastic in general?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I just wanted to post this just in case someone wanted to try tinting their tailights with VHT Nightshades but was worried about it messing up your tailights. It is reversible, its only a cheap single stage paint really. You can easily remove VHT by simply spraying them off with brake parts cleaner and wiping the VHT off. Once you do that you wash them and you can polish them with any normal polish from an auto parts store. They will look as good as new. And yes I do know this from experience, I just removed my VHT off my tailights that has been on there for a year within about 10 mins. Any questions about paint or other things you may have feel free to ask.
I see it comes in red and black and was just looking at this. Why did you remove? And did you notice it fading out over the time you had it on?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Might also want to try "Plasti-dip Smoke." Removes easily as with other PD products.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't use adhesive removers (I work at a hardware store), it will damage it trust me I've done it. Like the product "goof-off," don't use adhesive removers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts