9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I’m kinda stumped and lost as to what i can do to my motor to safely run say 7800 - 8k rpm

sooo what do i need in order to hit that rpm without completely ruining the reliability?

i don’t beat on the car often but still

-prl turbo
-gt3076r @7.5psi
-full race cat back
-gearx 1-4 (coming soon )

·
Registered
961 Posts
Why exactly do you want that extra few hundred rpm? For one though our oil pump limits us so you’d have to swap to the PRB oil pump which i know PRL makes a swap kit and i believe there one other company who has a swap kit but can’t remember who exactly

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
819 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why exactly do you want that extra few hundred rpm? For one though our oil pump limits us so you’d have to swap to the PRB oil pump which i know PRL makes a swap kit and i believe there one other company who has a swap kit but can’t remember who exactly
Well mostly for a longer power range without worrying about pushing limits. Like right now my limiter is at 7100 and it is still pulling at limiter so i want that extended power range. I know i could do 7400 somewhat safely but i don’t want to push any boundaries without proper supporting mods.

I’ve seen people run high 7’s but for how long they will do that idk.

I’ll add the pump to the list, everything would probably be put in next fall/winter when i put it away

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe you like to see that needle peg farther in the red....thats fine.
But to be faster, right now, it's easier (cheaper!) to go beyond 7.5PSI.
Beyond that, rods/pistons. Then maxing revs, then closed deck, etc.
These guys gave you the more revs answer, however id add springs and retainers for safety.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe you like to see that needle peg farther in the red....thats fine.
But to be faster, right now, it's easier (cheaper!) to go beyond 7.5PSI.
Beyond that, rods/pistons. Then maxing revs, then closed deck, etc.
These guys gave you the more revs answer, however id add springs and retainers for safety.
So oil pump springsretainers, got it. Awesome thank you guys for the quick responses. This forum is the best

and as far as turning up the boost, That’ll happen as soon as new gears are put in. I’ve been debating putting a 9psi spring in but seeing all these people shred gears holds me back. All i really do is 3-4-5 pulls

Just waiting for the snow to melt and salt to clear up

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I went with the KPower oil pump kit. I am very happy with the results. I rev to 8200, but I'd also recommend at least valve springs, seats and retainers if you want to keep revving that high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts