9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Si recommends 32 psi with 17s, what is your tire size?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Each tire usually has its own psi level. Are they the stock tires?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Yeah. With the 17" tires, Honda recommends 32 psig, I run mine 34 up front and 32 in the back because of the weight distribution. With 18" wheels, the recommended is 36 psig, again, I stagger my front and rear 2 psig, with 37 up fron and 35 in the back. Dunno what they recommend on the 16" wheel, I'm guessing something between 32 and 35 psig.

Reactions: Stigmacher

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Yeh.

32 recomended. I usually run mine a few psi high as well, especially in the winter.
I know lower pressures are supposed to give you more traction but under-inflation makes it easier to hydroplane; I'd rather sacrifice some traction in this case.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had 15" which is standard for LX sedan. So, i can put about the same pressure on 17" tires! I was going to put around 38psi so I think that will probably be too much then.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
947 Posts
15" wheels has a 30 psi recommendation so I wouldn't go any higher than 34-35

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reviving old thread.
I've got aftermarket rims/tires. Tires are 235/45/17 Extreme Contact Sports. I've recently deleted the annoying direct-TPMS system, and I'm curious if adjusting my tire pressure from 35PSI can improve anything.
Only looking for slight improvements, as I can now run lower pressure AND turn off traction control.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Generally speaking, start with what the manufacturer of your car recommends and adjust from there. There is obviously a bit of wiggle room as you tune for how you are driving and any other changes that you have made (including tire size), but ideally, you want to monitor the wear across the tire's tread section to determine the best pressure. Too much pressure, and the tire will wear faster down the middle of the tread. Too little, and it'll wear excessively on the shoulders.
Sorry, but I can't give you a definite answer.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
Stock recommends 32PSI on smallish 215/45/17 tires. I'm running slightly bigger 225/45/17 tires and bumped it up to 34PSI. I find 32PSI a bit too soft 34PSI is firmer so less flex when cornering but the ride is noticeably harsher and louder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts