9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Had to get one of my tires patched (hit a nail), took it in to NTB, they remove the tire, patch it from the inside and outside, put the wheel back on and I'm out the door the same night. Next day I noticed just about every spoke on my wheel now has a rough scuff towards the end near the tire. I didn't do anything beforehand like take pictures of it before having them work on it, never even thought of it, not going to bother trying to raise hell with them, just going to go somewhere else next time.

I've read around that often the damage from mounting a tire to wheel is on the outside rim of it from the machines they use to mount/dismount tires (which I also have now too), you guys think someone just wasn't being careful and knocked it face down on to some concrete? You think it's worth even bothering to try to fix and just leave it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yea that kind of looks like damage from the duckhead since it goes all the way around the wheel. My experience with NTB is that if you complain enough they'll take care of it, but its depends on time passed and who the regional manager is.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Man I love those rims. Maybe try a good polish? Doesn't look like it went completely through the clear coat from the pics. If it didn't make it through, you should be able to erase it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hate to say but probably best to just bite the bullet and leave it be. I swear that every single tire shop I've taken a wheel to has done this is some fashion.

Stock wheels, after market doesn't seems to matter. They all come back with scratches. The corporate type places seem the worst but I've had it happen at local performance shops and mom and pop type places.

One of the main reasons I don't think I could ever by a high end wheel like volk, I would be terrified to have the tires mounted..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll have to try to polish this weekend, if not I'll probably just leave it be. Would regular car paint polish work? Would I wax it afterwards? Never heard of polishing/waxing a wheel before.

·
Banned
58 Posts
No way I would walk away without trying. There are a few decent people in this world. If you never ask, you don't get. All they can do is say no and be assholes. Lesson learned: use your cell phone camera before next time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Agree with others that it looks like it was either knocked over face down or placed face down on the concrete. The person that did this knows what he/she did.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll have to try to polish this weekend, if not I'll probably just leave it be. Would regular car paint polish work? Would I wax it afterwards? Never heard of polishing/waxing a wheel before.
Yes, the wheel is clear coated just like paint so you can use whatever wax/polish you have. Try meguiars scratch x

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh man sorry to hear that, I would be furious and make them pay for the damage

I have a story myself at a local tire shop (Hibdon tires) here in Oklahoma where they damaged one of my wheels which was authentic DC5 Integra Type R. How? After the new tires got installed I guess the tech wasn't paying attention/in a hurry but when he pressed the air gun trigger and thought that the lug nut was locked in place but it wasn't so I'm pretty sure you can guess what happen next. The damaged was really bad and I wish I took a pic but long story short they paid for it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts