9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Damn, he ended up doing what I couldn't figure out how to do. Reuse most of the TLX shroud!
Although mine were damaged, so I couldn't have used them fully anyway.

And yeah I'm a headlight freak, I have 3 sets in my apartment right now: stock, the s2k set, and Corolla ones(which are being reworked).
Oh and a set of Morimoto LED fogs for the Si. D'OH

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is incredible. I love this look. Good job man. How tight were the S2k's in the civic headlights? That was going to be the retrofit I went for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@Khunter25 - Thanks for the compliment. As for the S2ks, I really can't comment on them. I paid to have those put together, as I couldn't get my head around a round shape into a square hole. Let alone make it look right with all the chrome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My inspiration.. Love the jewel LEDs on my friends car, the local retrofit headlight spot is wanting to charge me 900 to do this so its out of reach for me, how's the clarity at night are you able to see great, and video that you can show us of driving or parked at night?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@jtsimaras - Thanks

@Chunkay206 - 900 would be about right for just labor on something like this. Took me a while to get all the parts sourced, and then even longer to get everything in there and fabricated up. Even at $250 a side for the TLX ones it was still a pricey retrofit not paying for labor. Well it was pricey if you account for all the beer I drank to get it done. As for night clarity and the such, it's definitely not as wide as the S2ks, but the light that it does produce, front and center, and out to the sides is amazing. So bright, and the color is fanatic, but the cutoff is no where near as sharp.
Photos, I am a little reluctant to post as the right side one isn't perfectly level, but I will try to find somewhere to get some output shots.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Holy crap! That looks great!!! Nice work man!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@DWils - I almost fell out of my chair at work when I saw your comment about "Mr Penguin". If it were only that simple. At least I finally got them water tight now. Almost a 9 months later.

@CleanSER - Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bump, Id also be interested in a DIY instructions and parts list. Those lights look awesome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
@ P1RAT3 - Thanks for the compliment! As for a parts list and DIY, I have no idea how I would put into words what I did. But I could put a list of materials together if you are really interested.

·
Baned
8,533 Posts
Bump, Id also be interested in a DIY instructions and parts list. Those lights look awesome!
I got the DIY right here. Three easy steps:
1. Buy TLX lights
2. Swear a lot while retrofitting them into your Civic
3. Swear some more right before you realize you actually retrofitted them!

Parts list:
1. TLX headlights
2. miscellaneous wires, crimps, connecters, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Coastie05 Thank you very much.

@DWils Yeah it was a good deal of work. Been in the works since April. And has under gone 3 revision in the passed month. Due to the ABS controller and fitment issues.
There was also a good deal of electrical engineering involved, custom supplemental control unit to control DRLs, and a low-pass fitler to over come the PWM that Honda uses
to drive the DRLs. And lots of wiring, as the main control units had to be remote mounted to fit everything in. Thankfully it went faster than I thought, as I learned a lot from
the Corolla LED retrofit that I did before this.

View attachment 366338
Would love to get my hands on these Corolla LED retrofit!!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts