9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I picked up a 2012 SI back in december (Flashpro tuned , Acuity Curl Control intake, SKunk2 exhaust for future reference) , it's ran fine up until last week on my way home from work
I was coming up the ramp to get onto the interstate when my check engine started flashing , the car started running like complete shit , bogged down and misfiring then died while I was moving. I pulled to the side and waited a minute and started it up again , it cranks over then shortly dies , struggling to stay running. Now shortly before this I had missed a shift and the RPMs got pretty high but not redlining , not sure if this could have caused something
I had it taken to a shop where i was given these codes. I'm not sure if the mechanic did it there or not and is lying to me but my MAF sensor cable is broken off, he claimed it was barely hanging on when I got it there so I'm not sure if this is potentially the cause or not , he said he tried another MAF sensor and it still was running like crap.
I have no idea whats going on , they told me Compression is fine and fuel pressure is good so I'm not sure what to think.

Font Paper product Paper Number Document

·
Registered
667 Posts
First two codes certainly suggest an issue with the MAF, as well as the EVAP system. You misfired on every cylinder and P0219 means that you did over-rev the engine.

Have you inspected the area around the intake and driver's side of the engine? Pictures?

I don't know who installed the intake, but a poor job there would be my initial guess based on the timeline. The mechanic didn't investigate the EVAP? That's usually pretty straightforward and it's in the same area. The mechanic notice any other damage?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts