9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!! Have you had to buy a tool that you only needed once (or had to modify a preexisting tool for a task you've only had to do once) for your 9-gen? Something other than an oxygen sensor socket. If so tell us. And being that this is the internet the standard rule is in effect; post with Pics or it didn't happen.

I also wanted to share a recent purchase I made with y'all, the Power Probe III (Power Probe, Inc.).

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Just socket extensions because how everything is tucked away.

Clip puller rather than just a screwdriver.
Plastic trim tool rather than screwdriver.

Reactions: jsyn77

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,419 Posts
Not for the car, but for the bike(s), yes. Rebuilding carburetors and fork tubes often necessitated cobbled together 'tools' that did the job.

For putting new races into fork tubes, I made a 'punch' from a long piece of appropriately thick threaded rod and nut.

Cleaning carbs jets without scratching the insides of them was done successfully with a whisk from a broom, and carb cleaner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just picked up a heat gun from Home Depot today. Lately I've been building circuits for stuff I wanna put in my car.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The purpose-made power supply (transformer: 110/220 VAC -> 12 VDC) …
View attachment 248674

… plus the primary harness (locally manufactured)…
IMG_20141007_202446300.jpg

… then the optional harness (also locally manufactured) …
IMG_20141007_202456166.jpg

combine …
IMG_20141007_202558425.jpg

… to make my automotive electrical test station.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a hand tool at Home Depot today (after watching a YouTube video last night) that's for cutting Plexiglas. Considering how soft Plexiglas (plastic) is, I think my box cutter will do for my cutting needs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got a "Emergency Brake Cable Release Tool" delivered yesterday (Lisle 44220). To be honest, I'm not 100% sure I can even use it on our cars, lol. Here's to wishful thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts