9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was the only one involved, I had fell asleep and ran off the road into some trees.

Im very lucky to be alive and got banged up pretty good. Shattered my collar bone and ankle.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,449 Posts
I was the only one involved, I had fell asleep and ran off the road into some trees.

Im very lucky to be alive and got banged up pretty good. Shattered my collar bone and ankle.
Oh man I work nightshift so I know the feeling I've driven home from work more than a few times where I was so tired if I closed my eyes at a stop light I would of nodded off. I've driven home from work parked the car and basically fell asleep at the wheel a few times too. Looking at the car it could of been alot worse heal up bro get well soon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kev!

Yeah the car actually held up fairly well and did a decent job at keeping me safe. I was actually surprised at how well it help up. There isnt much to these lil civics.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Man, that's alot of damage, glad your ok!
I work night shift as well, I've learned it's much safer for others if I find a parking lot and take a nap. I'm not proud to say I've done the same thing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
damn man...... I'm sorry to hear. I can relate, having 3 jobs........ there are times where I have dozed off. Not a fun feeling. I'm glad you came out alive!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,401 Posts
That car looks like it was munched on by Godzilla.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel asleep at the wheel in another lifetime. I was awake for at least 30 hours, it caught up to me on the way back home. I side swiped another car, but it was super mild. It wouldn’t have happened if there wasn’t a road closure on the way home. The road was closed due to a fatal accident (go figure). I had to head back where I was coming from and take the long way around. That’s when it happened for me. Got very fortunate! Glad you’re doing okay.

·
Registered
2013 Civic si Dyno Blue Pearl (wish it was Fiji)
25 Posts
Wow man!! Did it catch fire?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts