9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2013 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, for the 7 years of owning my Civic SI, I have never touched up the chips and cracks with new paint (shame on me 馃槢). Any suggestions on where to buy Honda Crystal Black Pearl paint? I read in a few posts that people go to the dealership. However, I want to go to an automotive store with staff who can actually provide expertise, too. First on my list is Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
I went to Auto Zone a picked up a Duplicolor touch up pen about a month ago, which I lost already or is some where in the garage. It was $6 then, dunno now. Probably about $15 bucks now.

Registered
@TenZen thanks for the tip. I have never used a touch up pen before. I am thinking of browsing for those nail polish style brushes.
Those pens come with that type of brush. It's a pen and you unscrew the pen part and the brush is in the inside.

Registered
those scuffs around the door handle should polish out.
like the other peeps mentioned, the touchup 鈥榩ens鈥 do come with a brush. ive used them for stone chips, works pretty good.

Truck? What truck?!
My body shop gives it to me, but I bring him more business than I should.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip @AndyMac204 @TenZen @kev604 . For the many scratches, you are right...a machine buffer is what I need. I went ahead and purchased a pint of Honda's Crystal Black Pearl (NH731P) paint from Sherwin Williams Automotive store. $24.15 incl. tax for the paint. And, 1/2" paint brush for $0.99 at Michael's Craft Store. Yeah...this July 4th I am bored stuck at home.馃榿

Attachments

Registered
Well unless your going use all of it, that seems like a waste.

Registered
2014 Honda Civic SI (stock)
I just bought the Honda branded pen and it worked pretty well. I had a ton of scratches so I used the whole bottle but it had the color on one side and the clear coat on the other so should last awhile. The only thing is if you look even a little close you can see it's not flush with the paint around it. Doesn't bother me but if you're looking for a perfect looking finished product you should find something else.

Next time I want to try something like Langka or Dr ColorChip they seems like good kits that would provide a less noticeable result.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
So, I did a bunch of "spot" jobs today.

The roof is definitely another job. Sherwin Williams Automotive said they do sell an aerosol version. I am contemplating whether to do it myself because 1.) I will have to sand. 2.) Tape and seal the rest of the car 3.) Convince the Wife to let me tape and seal off the garage. LOL.

I Need A Vacation
So, I did a bunch of "spot" jobs today.
View attachment 492041

The roof is definitely another job. Sherwin Williams Automotive said they do sell an aerosol version. I am contemplating whether to do it myself because 1.) I will have to sand. 2.) Tape and seal the rest of the car 3.) Convince the Wife to let me tape and seal off the garage. LOL.
View attachment 492042
The roof looks like it's taken a bit of a beating. Do you park outside alot do you wash and wax regularly? Looking at that roof again I'm not sure you can touch all that up might need a repaint.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
The roof looks like it's taken a bit of a beating. Do you park outside alot do you wash and wax regularly?
The car spent its first 4 years in Phoenix, AZ so the sun beat the car pretty good. No garage or full car port during work or at home back then. Luckily, now it is garaged. And will be at work! ..I would say wash twice a month during those 4 years. No wax (maybe I should have to protect the paint). Last recent years, days were spent outside in Pacific NW climate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I just bought the Honda branded pen and it worked pretty well. I had a ton of scratches so I used the whole bottle but it had the color on one side and the clear coat on the other so should last awhile. The only thing is if you look even a little close you can see it's not flush with the paint around it. Doesn't bother me but if you're looking for a perfect looking finished product you should find something else.

Next time I want to try something like Langka or Dr ColorChip they seems like good kits that would provide a less noticeable result.
What on earth..Honda pen? Is that a dealership product?

I Need A Vacation
The car spent its first 4 years in Phoenix, AZ so the sun beat the car pretty good. No garage or full car port during work or at home back then. Luckily, now it is garaged. And will be at work! ..I would say wash twice a month during those 4 years. No wax (maybe I should have to protect the paint). Last recent years, days were spent outside in Pacific NW climate.
Parked outside 24/7 is tough on the paint especially under that intense heat putting wax and protection on the paint would of helped a bit but it's never too late to fix it up and bring it back to looking like new again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts