9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Si Coupe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

After a TON of testing, I finally have a working prototype circuit that FULLY defeats the TPMS system in the '12 and '13 Civic!

It is as simple as unplugging the OEM TPMS unit (behind driver kick panel) and replacing it with my new unit. It fools the car into thinking the TPMS system is up and running with no issues at all.
With this unit, you can run whatever wheels or tire pressures you want and not have to worry about not being able to turn off VSA!!
This is extremely useful for Summer/Winter wheels, track use, or just not wanting to shell out ~$100 (sensors) + ~$100 (mount) + ~$100 (program) = ~$300 to the dealer when your sensors go out.

Obviously, there is still a ton of testing for me to do. It is still in breadboard stage right now... I plan to soon have the circuit transferred to a more permanent config and run it in the car every day to make sure it is reliable.
Currently, it's only been tested on my '13 Si Coupe, but I am almost 100% certain it will work on all '12 and '13 models with TPMS. It will also most likely work with a few other Honda models from this era.

I wanted to reach out here to see if there is any interest if I were to start getting custom PCBs designed/built and sell them for a reasonable cost? What are people willing to pay to fully defeat TPMS?

Thanks,
Your friendly 9thgenEE

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hey everyone,

After a TON of testing, I finally have a working prototype circuit that FULLY defeats the TPMS system in the '12 and '13 Civic!

It is as simple as unplugging the OEM TPMS unit (behind driver kick panel) and replacing it with my new unit. It fools the car into thinking the TPMS system is up and running with no issues at all.
With this unit, you can run whatever wheels or tire pressures you want and not have to worry about not being able to turn off VSA!!
This is extremely useful for Summer/Winter wheels, track use, or just not wanting to shell out ~$100 (sensors) + ~$100 (mount) + ~$100 (program) = ~$300 to the dealer when your sensors go out.

Obviously, there is still a ton of testing for me to do. It is still in breadboard stage right now... I plan to soon have the circuit transferred to a more permanent config and run it in the car every day to make sure it is reliable.
Currently, it's only been tested on my '13 Si Coupe, but I am almost 100% certain it will work on all '12 and '13 models with TPMS. It will also most likely work with a few other Honda models from this era.

I wanted to reach out here to see if there is any interest if I were to start getting custom PCBs designed/built and sell them for a reasonable cost? What are people willing to pay to fully defeat TPMS?

Thanks,
Your friendly 9thgenEE
I am absolutely interested. I can't stand these sensors, nearly bought a TPMS programmer for the rim swaps.

Reactions: Mills705

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,462 Posts
When I had my '05 MINI Cooper, there was a member on the NAM (MINI 'North American Motoring') boards who developed a unit like this for those cars. I bought one and it worked great (it also enabled the fog lights to be turned on without need of the headlights being on).

I say this to encourage you to keep at it. When I had my '12 LX, the TPMS system was a PITA. I would purchase your product if I still had that car.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm sure reaching out on Facebook groups would increase sales as well. But if you end up selling these, please post here too!

·
Registered
2013 Si Coupe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@9thgensifamily I do not have Facebook for privacy reasons.. My plan is to only supply this to 9thgencivic forum members for now. If there is enough demand, I'd consider outside sales. That being said, feel free to put out a message on any Facebook groups to see if there is any interest. If there is, please let me know! If i get a general idea of how many I'd be making, I could better estimate a price/start getting resources together to get these made.

Thanks!
9thgenEE

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
When I had my '05 MINI Cooper, there was a member on the NAM (MINI 'North American Motoring') boards who developed a unit like this for those cars. I bought one and it worked great (it also enabled the fog lights to be turned on without need of the headlights being on).

I say this to encourage you to keep at it. When I had my '12 LX, the TPMS system was a PITA. I would purchase your product if I still had that car.
That would be amazing if we had both.

I'm also interested 9thgenEE.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yup, looks like I was wrong. Although this trick does work on some vehicles, it won't work on an Honda. I've never had to try it since my car didn't come with TPMS.
Plus, someone pointed out that a PVC pipe done up to store the sensors looks a lot like a pipe bomb.

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
52 Posts
Yup, looks like I was wrong. Although this trick does work on some vehicles, it won't work on an Honda. I've never had to try it since my car didn't come with TPMS.
Plus, someone pointed out that a PVC pipe done up to store the sensors looks a lot like a pipe bomb.
You could always bedazzle it and throw some glitter on it. 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,

Thanks,
Your friendly 9thgenEE
I’d buy this. Don’t wanna replace my tpms sensors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts