9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hmm I didn't know TPMS was integrated with VSA. Doesn't VSA just control torque and brakes?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hmm, that's nice to know. So if the TPMS sensor goes off then the VSA switch does nada. Now I'm curious, sorry I can't help much. My '00 Si doesn't have VSA let alone ABS >_<

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
He's been sidestepping since day one, one day yes, one day no. Who knows, he might end up with a 9th gen GX at this point. :p
dude maybe he is interested in my buddies smart car for sale!!!

(ok so this isnt really his car, but how sick it that!)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude maybe he is interested in my buddies smart car for sale!!!

(ok so this isnt really his car, but how sick it that!)
lol...that's nuts.

Sorry guys for being a spazz...it's difficult especially when your overseas trying to decide based off of pics and reviews :( May is here now...Soon, August 20th and I'm back to the states!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Haha no need to explain man we know your situation. When you come you should test drive a new Si anyway just to see, who knows, you could end up liking it :D

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definitely will try it out...and I'll tell you right now, my idea about leaving the Civic may be a dumb idea. I was just looking at the gas prices continue to soar...perhaps I'll stick with the civic afterall, lol. I'll give the 2012 a try, but I have a feeling the FA5 my still be my favorite. Don't worry, I won't ever bash the 2012's...I still like them a tad, just have a few issues with some of the decisions honda made for them.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I definitely will try it out...and I'll tell you right now, my idea about leaving the Civic may be a dumb idea. I was just looking at the gas prices continue to soar...perhaps I'll stick with the civic afterall, lol. I'll give the 2012 a try, but I have a feeling the FA5 my still be my favorite. Don't worry, I won't ever bash the 2012's...I still like them a tad, just have a few issues with some of the decisions honda made for them.
How's gas in japan right now? I know Europe is suffering pretty bad, and us of course.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hmm I guess that's sorta hard to gauge, but gas is 4.50 over here now, Costco gas is only 3-something but the lines are ridiculous day and night lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Low Tire Pressure warning

My low tire pressure warning came on. All 4 tires measure 30psi (2 gauges, same reading)

1) Is this the normal level to trip the TPMS indicator?

2) Any easy way to see which sensor is indicating a problem other then adding a few pounds to each tire one at a time?
Thanks

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
interesting...I would like to know too.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I was told by my dealer the tpms system will go off with a 20% decrease in pressure. I had mine go off this weekend when the weather changed drastically. aired it up. the system took a bit to shut off so after airing it up i drove it a bit and it shut off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hate the TPMS. My Nissan Titan had an annoying problem with the light coming on constantly. Now my wife's Rogue is doing it too. Nothing seems to help. I hate the fact that my new Civic has the system. I wish they would just do away with it. I ended up putting electrical tape over the little light with the Titan, hope I don't have to do the same with the Civic!!!!! NOTE TO CAR MAKERS...GET RID OF IT

·
Registered
794 Posts
^ FMVSS 138... I think. It's not going away, it's now a mandatory law (in the US) that requires every car made in and after 2008 will have to have TPMS installed. It is a hassle, it makes changing tires a bit more of a hassle at times.

·
Registered
44 Posts
TSX displays the actual pressure for each tire so it doesn't suck as much. I brought all of the tires up to 32 from the original 30 and after about 30 miles the light cleared and has stayed off. I have a feeling this will be a problem in the winter.

1 - 20 of 451 Posts