9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
why is 215 35 too small ?? do you mean because i risk bending the rimm.. or because the car would be lower? what issues would i have...try to let me know quick because i was going to get em installed tommorow.... i actually was doing it so the car would look a bit lower... i dont drive crazy either... but wat are all the cons to thiss?

ohh and ttomcat what size are thosee rims 18 ? and what size are those tires>?
They are 18" wheels with 225/40/18 tires. I have it that size so I dont Mess up the Wheels. This size has saved me so manny times. Especailly in the LA area

·
Registered
235 Posts
why is 215 35 too small ?? do you mean because i risk bending the rimm.. or because the car would be lower? what issues would i have...try to let me know quick because i was going to get em installed tommorow.... i actually was doing it so the car would look a bit lower... i dont drive crazy either... but wat are all the cons to thiss?

ohh and ttomcat what size are thosee rims 18 ? and what size are those tires>?
Tire size 215/35-18 is about 1" shorter in rolling diameter when compared to the factory size tires. Most of the tire models available in this size do not have the correct load index for your vehicle which is 87 or higher.

The 225/40-18 size does offer more sidewall protection and is a little taller by about 1/2" when compared to the stock tires which helps fill up more of the fenderwell. Going with a lower profile tire will lower the vehicle some but wil also increase the fenderwell gap which can look odd.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
wheels

Check it out guys.. Finallyy put the wheels on... I took the advice from discount tire and went with the 225/40/18 they look awsome... also tpms sensors were not a problem... they are indeed the same sensors as the 08-11 civics...they mounted right on to the hfp wheels... also i did not have to take the car to the dealership... everything with the tpms computer remained normal... the shop ( townfair tire) was able to do everything for me!!! AWSOME!! thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
160 Posts

Check it out guys.. Finallyy put the wheels on... I took the advice from discount tire and went with the 225/40/18 they look awsome... also tpms sensors were not a problem... they are indeed the same sensors as the 08-11 civics...they mounted right on to the hfp wheels... also i did not have to take the car to the dealership... everything with the tpms computer remained normal... the shop ( townfair tire) was able to do everything for me!!! AWSOME!! thanks for the help guys!
Hey congrats on the wheels they look pretty awesome

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Hey congrats on the wheels they look pretty awesome
thanks man!! I dont know was wrng but im trying to upload pics and i cant...i have a lot of pics to upload for the radio install and hid... but no lukkk

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Auh that sucks. I'll check later to see your updates. Did you finish the radio already?

yeah i finished the radio..... just have to replace my front speakers and ill be all set..

·
Registered
235 Posts

Looks great!

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
So in review.

TPMS sensors....

Will the sensors that come stock on the LX steel rims, swap over to an alloy rim?

In general the answer is YES... but if your looking to purchase aftermarket wheels many websites will tell you if the wheel you want to purchase is compatible with the TPMS sensor...if the 2012 civic is not available for their filters just pick the 2011 everything should be the same.... hope that helps!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well pulling the TPMS fuse is a surefire way to disable your ability to defeat VSA.

Not sure about just having no sensors though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
TSX displays the actual pressure for each tire so it doesn't suck as much. I brought all of the tires up to 32 from the original 30 and after about 30 miles the light cleared and has stayed off. I have a feeling this will be a problem in the winter.
I dont know why the civic doesnt do this it be so helpful! Mine did the same thing when the temp droped the light went off. I wasn't shocked because this is a known fact with all tires. I wonder if i fill my tires with nitrogen if this would happen. Does anyone know the answer to that?

41 - 60 of 451 Posts