9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I run 2 sets of rims and tires. One set for daily driving and one set for Autocross. Until recently, I have had to run my dd tires with the TPMS warning on and TC off and run my Autocross tires with the OE sensors in them, so that I turn off the TC. I bought the Ateq quick set tool, programmed in the TPMS sensor IDs and plugged it into my ODBII port and viola! TPMS warning stays off regardless of which rims I have on. Wanted to pass this on to my other 9thGen owners.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Oooh.... What does that toy cost? (Yes, I am too lazy to google it).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Would def. be interested in this for my snow tires for some winter time sliding lol:wheee:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
947 Posts
This could definitely help me out when I purchase my new wheels with summer tires. Thanks!

Does anybody know if you can put OEM Honda sensors on aftermarket wheels? Or if there are any cheaper ones that work with aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello, I was looking at the same tool and emailed the company before because I have winter and summer tires plus soon an autox set and wanted to solve the TPMS problem. They said basically if I had the sensors all awake and knew the ID's for each sensor that I could put in the new ID's and plug it into the car and it would work. So my question is what do you exactly do to switch from your DD to auto x tires?? Do you need to know all the ID's and how hard is it to get the job done?? If you could give me some details that be great as I soon will be doing exactly what you are and would like some advice. Thank you.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To answer the questions above.....Yes the oem tpms sensors do fit on aftermarket rims. I did have to go to a tire shop to have them read the sensors ID numbers. I had to put them into the quick set tool using my laptop and a cable(included with kit). Now, all I have to do is mount the new tire and wheel combo and drive off. Easy Peasy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No. You will need sensors in both sets of wheels. Every sensor has its own ID and our Civics can only store 4 ID's in the ECU. So what the tool does is allow you to transfer the ID's from the wheels that are currently off your car and put those ID's in the ECU meaning no more TPMS lights. @Blackwidow, Did your Honda dealer read the ID's for you?? Thank you for sharing your experience and looks like that's the tool I will need. Thank god I don't need the $1,000+ tool

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took both sets of wheels to a local tire shop(Les Schwab) and they read the ID numbers without having to dismount and remount the tires.

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
No. You will need sensors in both sets of wheels. Every sensor has its own ID and our Civics can only store 4 ID's in the ECU. So what the tool does is allow you to transfer the ID's from the wheels that are currently off your car and put those ID's in the ECU meaning no more TPMS lights. @Blackwidow, Did your Honda dealer read the ID's for you?? Thank you for sharing your experience and looks like that's the tool I will need. Thank god I don't need the $1,000+ tool
Ah I get it, thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's some awesome news black widow. I emailed about the tool just about 2 weeks ago and was researching about it. So with your experience and comments I don't have to bite the bullet to find out it don't work. Thank you a lot for sharing.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's some awesome news black widow. I emailed about the tool just about 2 weeks ago and was researching about it. So with your experience and comments I don't have to bite the bullet to find out it don't work. Thank you a lot for sharing.
You are welcome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
does anyone know if its ok to drive with the sensors off? the tmps light is pretty annoying.. but i'm willing to have it on for my new wheels... :(

1 - 20 of 91 Posts