9th Gen Civic Forum banner

TPMS Sensor

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, My TPMS light just went off on my civic i drive a 2012 SI coupe. I just got new wheels ad tires but i havent put them on yet. Do i have to buy new sensors for the new tires and wheels if so any suggestions? the light is so annoying

See less See more
#2 ·
If your TPMS went on than do the obvious first and check your tire pressure is at recommended PSI. TPMS sensors can also break or stop working properly over time causing the light to go on if that is the case you'll have to replace that damaged sensor. For your new wheels you'll have to purchase a new set of TPMS sensors to avoid the light on your dash. You can purchase any third party TPMS sensor doesn't have to be Honda, any wheel and tire shop can program the sensor for you when you mount your wheels.

#3 ·
The light isn't even the annoying part. It can be creatively covered up. The issue for me was the inability to turn off traction control when I wanted to, which is like all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.