9th Gen Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone - New to this forum, so far very impressed with the community here. Kudos to 9thGen.

I've made up my mind to get back to some track days. I live less than an hour from Limerock Park. I used to own an RSX-S 10 years ago, and did a ton of autocross and a few track days here and there. I own and FB6 Civic Si, and while the car is not as agile in the corners as the RSX was back in the day, I like the confidence and stability this car has over that one.

Anyway - I will be upgrading the suspension to GodSpeed Project MonoMax, and the rear sway bar to a Progress 22mm. There's a front splitter on the way as well for better downforce at high speed. I don't have the cash to throw in a BBK just yet, but I will do some upgrades as far as pads and fluids.

My advice is really on the suspension side. I wanted to upgrade to a heavier rear spring. Monomax come with a ~780lb(14K) rear spring, but I have considered going heavier. Does anyone here have anyone here have any experience on that front? Also, any additional advice would be appreciated.

thank you

·
I Need A Vacation
14,059 Posts
You didnt mention anything about tires. Buy the most expensive tires you can afford. I saw a video a while back where a guy took a stock Toyota Yaris to the track and did a couple of runs then he changed out whatever garbage tires were on the Yaris and mounted high performance tires and he said he was able to knock off something like 5-7 seconds off his lap time which is huge he said he would of had to overhaul the engine to get those gains that he got by simply upgrading his tires.;)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didnt mention anything about tires. Buy the most expensive tires you can afford. I saw a video a while back where a guy took a stock Toyota Yaris to the track and did a couple of runs then he changed out whatever garbage tires were on the Yaris and mounted high performance tires and he said he was able to knock off something like 5-7 seconds off his lap time which is huge he said he would of had to overhaul the engine to get those gains that he got by simply upgrading his tires.;)
I did not because I don't want to make this a super long thread. I am also all set as far as my decision on tires. I mentioned that I have tracked and AutoX before, and that sorta makes you mindful of tires. (y)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Testing out some theories - I did not see anyone post about higher spring rates. I hope this is useful to some:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks for the vid man!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I posted this thread a while ago. Since then I started experimenting with this chassis and got some good results.
If any Mod wants to close this thread, I’m fine with that.
Anyone looking for a follow up can just go to my build thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.