9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I recently purchased a 2013 Si coupe with Skunk 2 Lowering springs and exhaust. I was wondering if any of you are in the Memphis area and would like to trade for stock springs and exhaust?
Civic1.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Just curious as to why.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lowered suspension makes the ride rough. I bottomed out on a speed bump yesterday. The loud exhaust gets annoying sometimes. It looks great and fun to drive but I think stock height and exhaust might be a better fit for me..

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Okay, thank you. I've been pondering lowering springs, and value observations and opinions on any brands out there.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You'd have better luck on the facebook groups. Also don't straight trade, get some cash on your end. Stock stuff gets thrown away, your stuff costs money. I would give you my springs and stock exhaust if I had kept them.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Okay, thank you. I've been pondering lowering springs, and value observations and opinions on any brands out there.
You should get some, I dunno about your model, but eibachs don't drop too low and ride pretty good.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
You should get some, I dunno about your model, but eibachs don't drop too low and ride pretty good.
I've been going back and forth between eibachs and H&R. They are both supposed to be close to stock ride quality, although I won't mind very slightly stiffer, but I don't wanna bounce around like some of the fart-canned older ricers I see.

There were reports of eibachs making a weird clunking noise.

Now that my car is actually mine, I will probably make a purchase.

I'll have to reread all the threads re lowering springs in the Suspension section.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I've been going back and forth between eibachs and H&R. They are both supposed to be close to stock ride quality, although I won't mind very slightly stiffer, but I don't wanna bounce around like some of the fart-canned older ricers I see.

There were reports of eibachs making a weird clunking noise.

Now that my car is actually mine, I will probably make a purchase.

I'll have to reread all the threads re lowering springs in the Suspension section.
I have ran both brands on previous vehicles. Both rode well, but the H&R were probably a little bit better. Both were a little soft for my liking, but I like bouncing around like a fart can ricer lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure it I have the down pipe. I just had a pair of upper control arms installed to correct negative camber and had it aligned. It looks much better now. Still rides stiff.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
I have ran both brands on previous vehicles. Both rode well, but the H&R were probably a little bit better. Both were a little soft for my liking, but I like bouncing around like a fart can ricer lol.
I believe I am (significantly) older than you. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts