9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
just wondering.. because your car is leased... what's the point in modding it when you'll have to return it in a few years? i never saw the point in modding a leased car... so yeah. does the dealership sort of repay you for the mods you've done? like the tint?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
just wondering.. because your car is leased... what's the point in modding it when you'll have to return it in a few years? i never saw the point in modding a leased car... so yeah. does the dealership sort of repay you for the mods you've done? like the tint?
lmao, the dealership would probably ding him for modding if anything. "Lower the natural value of the car" Now if your leasing the car and want to look better. Only few mods I would recommend are HIDs, rims, vinyl/film tint taillights, lip kits, pretty much anything you can put the OEM back on in anytime.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
lmao, the dealership would probably ding him for modding if anything. "Lower the natural value of the car" Now if your leasing the car and want to look better. Only few mods I would recommend are HIDs, rims, vinyl/film tint taillights, lip kits, pretty much anything you can put the OEM back on in anytime.

Thats exactly what I am planning on doing, nothing mechanical or even internal.

HID info....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Take the brake drums off. Wire brush the rust off and paint them with black brake caliper paint. The sonner the better.
What exactly does this entail?

Would it be easy for rookie like me in this case?

Plus, would it look much better with the shitty hupcaps i have on now?

·
Registered
681 Posts
i got my drums painted black before i got my new wheels on and it looks unspeakably better haha, the drums look terrible once you can actually see them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
would it look much better with the shitty hupcaps i have on now?
You don't really notice the drum rust unless you really peer behind your hubcaps up close.
On actual rims, you will definitely see it though, so you'll want to wirebrush the rust off and paint it with black caliper paint if you plan to eventually upgrade your wheels.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So i did the 20% all around tint
sprayed my tails black and left the back up lights stock

For the hubcaps - what is this plastic dipping? and for headlight replacement what are your thoughts?
Also, is it illegal to have a tint on your license plates in NY?

IMG_0078.jpg IMG_0123.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Plastidip is a rubber coating, it comes in a spray can for right around 6 bucks a can. You can get it at Lowes. I used about 3 1/2 cans on my hub caps for 5-6 coats. Its easy to remove as well and its a excellent way to improve the look of the cheap ass hub caps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took off the wheels to get the hub caps off. Its a little bit of work, but I also painted the calipers while the wheels were off. You can keep the wheels on and use Plastidip if you don't mind the over spray.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I took off the wheels to get the hub caps off. Its a little bit of work, but I also painted the calipers while the wheels were off. You can keep the wheels on and use Plastidip if you don't mind the over spray.
so your car has hubcaps and disc brakes? i thought drums come with the models with hubcaps?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Blacked out Rear of Car

Black Civic, 20% Tints all around, tails are sprayed with 3 layers with reverse lights outlined.

I want to get rid of the hideous yellow NY plate, and thinking about de-badging, or leaving.

Thoughts?

IMG_0123.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
where in westchester are you? im in yonkers (dont have a civic though, was planning on buying one when it first came out but dealers marked up price so i kept my 08 accord nd decided to buy off my leased

21 - 40 of 84 Posts