9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Black Civic, 20% Tints all around, tails are sprayed with 3 layers with reverse lights outlined.

I want to get rid of the hideous yellow NY plate, and thinking about de-badging, or leaving.

Thoughts?

View attachment 3048
I would de-badge. I know your car is a Civic, but here is what a black Accord that has been de-badged.

Straight on shot of the rear.

From an angle.

De-badging is the way to go for a clean look.

Here is my Civic that has been de-badged.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yes, I used 3 coats of the VHT, but I still would like to put on a cover or two or clear spray to protect it.

Also, this car is leased so I'm limited as to what I can do to it lol, with the de-badging, is it easy to take off the Civic emblem?
"Easiest way to remove the Civic Emblem, is to boil some water - not too long of a boil and then pour onto the car and Civic emblem and then use "dental floss" to remove the emblem. With some soap and warm water you should be able to remove the remaining adhesive from the car. Or you can use go-goo to remove any remaining adhesive left on the car".

Leave the H, as that I believe is held in by 2 or 3 screws.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The easiest way I found out how to de-badge is to use a hair dryer and fishing line. Heat up the emblem with the hair dryer for a lil (the hair dryer doesn't get hot enough to f up your paint) then when it's heated up enough (you can tell because you will be able to wiggle the emblem with your finger) gently slide the fishing line behind the emblem and using a sawing motion slide behind the length of the emblem cutting the adhesive. When done you may have some adhesive on your car, just heat it up a lil and you can use your finger to rub it off. It's pretty simple. Took me about 10mins to do mine. Would of been quicker but it was freezing outside lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

81 - 84 of 84 Posts