9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 9thgen owners,

I currently have XXR 527's in Matt Black 18x8.75 with new tires and will be trading them with 2013 CIvic Si Wheels that have new tires.

First of all, is it a fair trade for both of us?

Secondly, he states that he's been in an accident in rain where his car skid on the highway and hit the guardrail on the side, which made him get two new stock 2013 Si wheels. So two of his wheels are new and the other two have been in the accident.

do you think it's okay to trade the wheels or would you not do it if it were you?

thank you for your opinion in advance! thank you!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always thought 2013 stock Si wheels were cool looking.. do you think it's a little risky?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think the quality of the OEM surpasses the XXR's. So no, IMO.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Depending, two were in an accident. Meet him at a tire shop and look at the wheels on a wheel balancer if possible.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending, two were in an accident. Meet him at a tire shop and look at the wheels on a wheel balancer if possible.

Yeah.. The only thing that's stopping me from trading the wheels is that two of his wheels had been in a big accident.. I'm thinking about meeting him up half way at a discount tire.. Hopefully they can check if the wheels are okay or not.. I don't know if it's worth the risk

You guys are so nice !

These are the pics he sent me!

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yeah.. The only thing that's stopping me from trading the wheels is that two of his wheels had been in a big accident.. I'm thinking about meeting him up half way at a discount tire.. Hopefully they can check if the wheels are okay or not.. I don't know if it's worth the risk :frown:

You guys are so nice !

These are the pics he sent me!
That second picture doesn't look like a big damage, more like a curb rash.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If the car hit a guard rail on one side... wouldn't the other side be totally fine? I assume he replaced the wheels from the side that got hit.

I have the same wheels. I like them way more than the 18" wheels on the 14-15. Only a couple small scrapes so far. Once they start looking too bad I plan to get them powder coated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as the OEM wheels balance up than its a fair trade. XXR looks nice but Enkei will always be better quality than XXR.
Yeahh i love how enkei makes such good looking, strong and firm wheels. I'm pretty sure XXR's quality can't even compete with that of Enkei!

I'm sorry to ask this noobie question, but "as long as the wheels balance up" means, if I ask them for tire balance service to be done, they will be able to tell if the wheels are okay or not?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the car hit a guard rail on one side... wouldn't the other side be totally fine? I assume he replaced the wheels from the side that got hit.

I have the same wheels. I like them way more than the 18" wheels on the 14-15. Only a couple small scrapes so far. Once they start looking too bad I plan to get them powder coated.
Yeahhh i love their looks soooo much!! Been looking forever to find someone who sells them. They're just so popular gaha

You guys probably know the owners of both pics i attached haha trying to decide which look i wanna go for.. Both sick.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Yeahhh i love their looks soooo much!! Been looking forever to find someone who sells them. They're just so popular gaha

You guys probably know the owners of both pics i attached haha trying to decide which look i wanna go for.. Both sick.
What Enkei wheel model is the one on right? Similar to XXr 527

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What Enkei wheel model is the one on right? Similar to XXr 527
oh nono, sorry for the confusion. I was referring Enkei to 13 Si wheel, because I thought Enkei designed and produced them!

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Yeahh i love how enkei makes such good looking, strong and firm wheels. I'm pretty sure XXR's quality can't even compete with that of Enkei!

I'm sorry to ask this noobie question, but "as long as the wheels balance up" means, if I ask them for tire balance service to be done, they will be able to tell if the wheels are okay or not?
That the wheels are round and balance nice and even, cheaper wheels sometimes will take alot of wheel weights to balance up.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I miss my 2013 Si wheels. The car was faster with them and got considerably better gas mileage, too. The 18's are so dang heavy.

Reactions: 9thgendymo

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I miss my 2013 Si wheels. The car was faster with them and got considerably better gas mileage, too. The 18's are so dang heavy.
I'm still debating between XXR's and 2013 Si stock wheels hahaha can't make up my mind.. They're both so gorgeous !! Long term, 2013 si wheels are better because they're built stronger, but i want the look of 18 inch wheels and low profile tires... Ughhh

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 40 Posts