9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd say go for it. They SI wheels will fit better, look better, and probably last longer.
Yeahh! I really don't plan on rolling my fenders but wanna slam my car!! Plus i don't really trust the quality of aftermarket wheels even though i have them on hahah

But they both look so goood!!
Wish i could own both haha
ImageUploadedByAG Free1452829692.012652.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1452829760.003190.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
830 Posts
Do you think stock si wheels and tires are too small and thin ??

The tires you'll have to use, I don't know that I would say they're to thin, but they will ride a little rougher than say, your stock wheels & tires did. BUT, is it worth it to ya to sacrifice a little ride for better looks? That's gonna be a personal choice. Personally, I think those particular SI wheels are some of the best looking Honda has ever made.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Guys thanks for your opinion!!

I finally made up my mind and am doing the trade with OEM 2013 wheels with my XXR !

Thanks again will post pics after the trade!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Definitely check out the tires before you buy them. I quickly 'Googled' Cordovan tires and they seem pretty cheap. Remember that tires are the most important part of a car, and if they're crap then they will lose grip quickly and you could get into an accident....maybe why that guy slid into a guardrail in the first place.

GLWS though as I think that you'll be happy with the OEM '13 rims.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Definitely check out the tires before you buy them. I quickly 'Googled' Cordovan tires and they seem pretty cheap. Remember that tires are the most important part of a car, and if they're crap then they will lose grip quickly and you could get into an accident....maybe why that guy slid into a guardrail in the first place.

Thanks for the heads up buddy! ?? fist bump!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Yeah decided not to do it... His tires have such bad reviews haha

·
Registered
830 Posts

If you really wanted the wheels though, you could just run those tires until you got some better ones. I usually take internet reviews with a grain of salt. Most of the time I'll have a great experience with something when alot of other people say its crap. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts

I've never ever heard of that tire brand before, I'm betting they are pure garbage so basically you would have been only trading for his wheels.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Cordovan is made by Cooper. They are a cheap entry level tire. I sell them at my shop. Though I prefer not to sell them because they do wear out quick.
Kinda on the same level as the OHTSU by falken tires we had on our focus a couple years ago. They were cheap, but good tires. Did just as good as any other tire. Never had any problems other than the occasional flat. But you can't blame the tire brand because of nail or screw punctures.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
And also the better things about the OEM are that they will last longer, look better, and tuck right inside the fender when lowered without rolling fenders

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Kinda on the same level as the OHTSU by falken tires we had on our focus a couple years ago. They were cheap, but good tires. Did just as good as any other tire. Never had any problems other than the occasional flat. But you can't blame the tire brand because of nail or screw punctures.
OHTSU I've heard of and my local tire shop sells quite a few, they get decent reviews they're probably one of the better budget tires.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So why didn't you trade with the guy than?
Well:/ because I bought these wheels only 5-6 months ago with new tires and bought lifetime balancing for like $80, so i don't wanna waste it because i only balanced the tires once after i bought them.

Also i just really want to see how 18 in Wheels would look on my car when it's lowered.. if i don't like the look, i can just trade with him then.. He said to let him know when i change my mind.. Plus, he's selling them for $500 so if i really want them i can just buy them when i have money haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well:/ because I bought these wheels only 5-6 months ago with new tires and bought lifetime balancing for like $80, so i don't wanna waste it because i only balanced the tires once after i bought them.

Also i just really want to see how 18 in Wheels would look on my car when it's lowered.. if i don't like the look, i can just trade with him then.. He said to let him know when i change my mind.. Plus, he's selling them for $500 so if i really want them i can just buy them when i have money haha
I thought that 80 bucks is not enough for trading .... Interesting

21 - 40 of 40 Posts