9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 LX Automatic.

My neighborhood has speed bumps that are short and kind of high so you really have to stop to get over them safely. I noticed that when I brake to slow down the car and then speed up to get over the bump the transmission hesitates to shift properly back up to go. Kind of like a lag, it feels like I have to wait for the car to come to a complete stop and wait for it to prepare itself to up shift again or something. I don't know if this a normal or just my car? Car has about 20k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I have a '12 EX Auto (sedan) it does the same thing when negotiating certain driveways.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,576 Posts
I've had a few ATs over the years. Every one of them will 'hunt' or hesitate for a fraction of a second if you slow down almost to a stop, and then accelerate again, depending on speed and gas pedal pressure. It's a normal behavior for ATs, afaic.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Other than the Chevy Cruze, the Mustang has one of the worst automatics I've ever experienced. Completely ruins the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It is the programming. The tranny itself is amazing and as bullet proof as it gets.

I drive mine in Sport Mode, which really helps. It downshifts when decelerating and is more aggressive the harder you brake.

In the Mustang forums everyone talks about Bama Tunes and how they work miracles for the tranny. I'll do it when my warranty is up, which will be another ten years at the rate I'm going now. :(

If you tune new cars, then you can dramatically improve the tranny, so just a thought for those who didn't know.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
These cars have hill assist which when you're on a hill it keeps you from going back. Since you almost stop to go up a speed bump I am sure its kicking in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts