9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Well, here it is. 2.5 years later and a build thread! Btw, I am Anthony.

I bought my car in May 2012. White FB6. My mother bought her convertible Camero the same day.
I picked out the Si because I knew it would be zippy, build able, and have good gas economy.
I love going to car shows. Here in Arizona I hang mostly with Az9thgens. They are a great group We have over 40 members and all have Sick cars! Desert Street scene is another group that puts lots of weekly meets together. Btw, that is my si in front.
Ok, here is my build.

June- I installed an Injen cai. This was one of the only choices I had back then.
Full Race exhaust.
July- I put an alpine amp from my truck in and a run of the mill sub. I used a Line out control to power sub. This got stolen within a month.
August- Bought a DD 600 rms sub, DD 10 inch wolfer, and a Pioneer double din head unit. It frigging hits hard, so hard I needed sound dampening. Could not afford 100 dollar dynomat at the time, so used some Lowes roofing material. It works great but is butt ugly. Since the 2012's do not come with a trunk headliner I plan on ordering one soon to cover up this ugly disaster.
Sep- Put a chrome SI license plate cover on.

Jan- Red painted the calipers, valve cover, and plastidipped wheels with red honda sticker. Was first to use red sticker on this site.
Apr- Installed Eiback Sportline, front and rear sways. What a difference in handling. Now, over a year later, my shocks are done. Plan on replacing with Koni shocks this fall. They will need fabricating to the original struts.
I read that Koni's paired with lowering springs are as good or better handling then any coilover system out there.
May- Installed 3000 fogs and 6000 run of the mill hids. Replaced this 2014 with Luminous 8000 hids.
Aug- Mugen style window visors. Red oil cap. New stickers on rear window, yes, I am a sticker *****! And, new falcon tires. As I am now at 25,000 miles!and Ledglow red interior lights!

May- Bought new engine and valve cover.
Had 10 pieces hydrodipped!!! Dipping done by dipology in Az.

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2014 cont

June- Ledglow Engine compartment lights. Million color.
Red led interior map/overhead/trunk lights.
Led license plate light

Ebay mugen style front lip
2014 iphone pics 115.jpg
Here is how she looks as I write this in June 2014
2014 iphone pics 119.jpg 2014 iphone pics 122.jpg 2014 iphone pics 129.jpg
I have some pricey upgrades for this summer/fall and they include
- Hondata/downpipe install.
- Koni shocks
- New performance clutch. Sick of the 1st gear squeak so many of us have.

ok all this is where I am at with my build!!!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As of June 2014 here is a list of upgrades.

Engin CAI.
Full Race exhaust.
DD audio sub and amp installed.
Pioneer double din head unit.
Chrome license plate cover.
Plasti dip wheels with red sticker.
Red painted calipers
Eiback Sportline springs
Eiback front and rear sways. Set to stiff.
6000 hid lights Luminus
3000 fogs.
Mugen style window visors
Red Honda oil cap
Led GLO million color interior lights.
Led Glow million color engine compartment lights.
Led red interior map/overhead/trunk lights.
Led white license plate light.
Falcon tires.
Dash/engine/valve covers HYDRODIPED Red/black
Mugen style front lip

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I ordered some custom battery terminals, bulk dynomat (to do the doors,trunk, and floor) and a really nice looking amp power knob to control bass on a dial.
Will probably install the dynomat in the fall when it gets below 100.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This week, I put the "family" back up. These are the ones that survied last summer. The Darth Vader and Snoopy are the newest additions.
car family.jpg

Also, I installed 10 Password Jdm red fender washers in the engine bay and bought a graphix expressions fatboy weighted shift knob. I got the one on the far right. These do NOT fit well unless you have a shift knob extender. I already have a Godspeed neochrome one. I plan on replacing it with a Password Jdm one.
fatboy_shift_knob_fatboy.gif

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
What did you do with the plain red engine cover?

Will probably install the dynomat in the fall when it gets below 100.
lulz @ fall. So like November? I hate how I get the urge to buy a bunch of stuff and install it between March and October but can't because my garage doesn't have air conditioning. I just wait until after midnight when it cools down to about 95F then open the garage door and spend about 30 minutes tinkering, then take a 30 minute break, then back to 30 minutes in the garage. It sucks, but it is the only way I've figured out how to deal with the heat.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
As of late, I have new wheels,tires,tpms.
I ordered Mugen style side skirts.
I think I am nearing my end of VIT VIPERS etunes. Started in July it is now December 2014

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To start off 2015, I have several concurrent projects going on. Here in the desert of az, winter is our car season. Summers are too hot to work on cars.

1st,I bought and painted some Bayson r side skirts. image.jpg image.jpg
this alone really improved the overall look of this sedan!

Second, I took my spare wheel out of the truck and set my sub box back there. I cut and carpeted a nice piece of partial board and installed my amp on it. It sets behind the sub box. Looks nice, sounds even nicer. Still need to dynomat everything back there.

also, I rattle can painted my ecm and fuse box cover white. image.jpg

last, I am having a member of 9thgenvic who lives near by powder coat my engine cover white.
i was able to purchase an extra cover from a dealer, along with new seals, valve over gasket, and Hondabond gasket silicone.

I will take pics of my improved engine compartment when it is done.
This is probably the last update to my ride for a while, as I am starting a second job to save up for a "possible" boost system next year. I would need a budget of 10 grand to do it the way I want.
clutch, built lower, and turbo kit.
Also, I would like to start saving for real wheels , especially the work Xsa white. image.jpg
And finally, I have entered my whip in January ride of the month. It has come a long way since my last entry in early 2013. there is no way I can win with such great competition, but, it is a way to share ,m y progress.
Thank you for reading this update on my build.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts