9th Gen Civic Forum banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay...yes...HOLY Thread Revival...

Now; a couple questions:

1) How are y'alls Truhart struts and shocks holding up so far after all this time? I just ordered a set from Chris at Redshift, for my 2014 Si sedan, and am curious about durability.

2) Chris told me that although the strut housing is 3/4" shorter than stock, the spring perch itself is only about 1/8-1/4" lower than the OE strut's. Most of you have commented on the extra drop in front, with the Truharts. What I'd love to learn is HOW MUCH extra they drop? 1/8"? 1/4"? More?

On a side note, something that may solve a strut installation problem I saw mentioned:

For you guys with sedans, that are mounting Truharts in the front, you need to replace the lower spring isolators with COUPE isolators.

The Truhart struts are designed for Coupe/HFP-style springs, where the left and right are wound in the same direction. OEM sedan front springs are wound in opposite directions left to right. This is why you're having fitment issues, when putting the old isolator into the Truhart strut. You shouldn't need to trim or cut anything.

Again...I'd greatly appreciate updates on how you like the Truharts so far; and also, how much lower you feel the front struts drop, compared to the OEM struts (springs remaining the same before and after).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Please be sure to keep us updated on your progress. When my stockers are done for this is what I plan on swapping in with my H&R springs.

What springs are you running?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also planning on going with truhart struts, currently on eibach pro kit.
I'm hoping these struts lower my car a little because I would like it to sit a tad more.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm currently on 2014 OE shocks/struts & Swift R-Spec springs, but have some HFP springs on the way. I want drop, ride comfort, and body control that split the difference between OE and the Swifts. Currently just a little too stiff/impact harshness with the 225/40-18 tires, and the Swifts. I'm getting old, LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've got H&R Springs with TruHart lowering shocks. I've only had the typical H&R "popping noise" issue but other than that the ride quality is just a bit stiffer than OEM.
Check my other post in the Pictures&Images section to see how it sits.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I did d2 springs with the Truharts about a month ago. So far the ride is good, can't comment on installation since I paid one of my guys to do it at work. Now I dont know if its the spring or what, but i sit way nose low. Like no finger gap in the front, finger and half on rear. So far tho, i'm please with my purchase, car sits dirty low for not being on coilovers and the ride is pretty good.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm currently on 2014 OE shocks/struts & Swift R-Spec springs, but have some HFP springs on the way. I want drop, ride comfort, and body control that split the difference between OE and the Swifts. Currently just a little too stiff/impact harshness with the 225/40-18 tires, and the Swifts. I'm getting old, LOL
Sell me your swifts :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did d2 springs with the Truharts about a month ago......Now I dont know if its the spring or what, but i sit way nose low. Like no finger gap in the front, finger and half on rear.
I recently had a friend of mine put Eibach Sportlines+TruHart on my coupe and got the same results. The difference in height between the front and back is bugging me. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,354 Posts
I believe it is the spring that determines the right height.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I recently had a friend of mine put Eibach Sportlines+TruHart on my coupe and got the same results. The difference in height between the front and back is bugging me. What gives?

Yea thats about what mine looks like with 2 extra doors. Kinda wonder if the perch on the tru hart struts sits lower or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea thats about what mine looks like with 2 extra doors. Kinda wonder if the perch on the tru hart struts sits lower or something.
Ya me too. I really hope the back settles down a bit more because the difference in height bugs me. I may swap them out for H&R springs.
Then again if the shocks perch is lower up front, the same thing may end up happening.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ya me too. I really hope the back settles down a bit more because the difference in height bugs me. I may swap them out for H&R springs.
Then again if the shocks perch is lower up front, the same thing may end up happening.

I have H&R Springs in my tru-harts and the front also sits lower than the rear,.

Also are there any downsides to using shim kits? If not, What's a good shim kit you would reccomend?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have H&R Springs in my tru-harts and the front also sits lower than the rear,.

Also are there any downsides to using shim kits? If not, What's a good shim kit you would reccomend?
Agreed. From the pics I’ve seen the difference from front to rear isn’t nearly as bad as mine is sitting. I ordered the “Attitude Shim Kit” from Redshift Motorsports. They have stackable increments. This kit helps level out the ride with no ill effects from what I’ve been told.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The spring sits in the strut up front so with the spring perch being lower the spring will sit lower and will provide additional drop. The rear is just an independent shock so the rear ride height won't change.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Even with stock shocks the H&R springs sit a little lower up front than the rear. I think the Truharts probably pronounce this rake even more

Foto.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
Exactly!

If you install TruHarts on a car with "level" springs...Let's say OE, or HFP...you'll notice a slight rake. As per Chris at Redshift (since he knows I'm currently on Swift R-Specs (1.2" drop front' 1.0" rear) he said that the TruHarts would make the rake even more pronounced.

I got my HFP springs from Jon G, and plan to use one 1/8" shim on each front strut, to keep the car close to level. A slight rake is fine. With the HFPs levelness, and very slight drop, I'd considered just rolling with it, and let the TruHarts give me a rake. However, I ordered everything before I scored the HFP springs, and KNEW I didn't want the "stacked" rake I'd get from a Swift/TruHart setup.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay ladies and gentlemen, help a brother out!

I'd like to know each of y'alls guesstimate on how much extra the TruHart struts dropped your front end!

The HFPs I'll be installing are an even drop front to rear, and I wouldn't mind a little rake...like what the 1.2" front/1.0" rear Swifts give...since our cars typically have more gap in the front from the factory. I was initially thinking of putting 1/8"-1/4" of shims in the front, but am now considering NO shims...if the TruHart rake alone wouldn't be extreme.

So, please chime in! Would you say 1/8"? 1/4"? More? How much?

The plan is to make this happen Sunday morning.

221 - 240 of 256 Posts