9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Redshift Motorsports has a very good review on this suspension set-up. They also have all (4) shocks /struts for $240 on there site. They claim the front is in between the Koni Yellows and STRs. The rears are above stock dampening and are on par with the Koni STRs (orange). I am going to buy Swift Spec R springs for now because my stock suspension only has 12k (90% highway) miles. Whenever they feel like they are out the door, i will purchase the TruHart set-up.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Redshift Motorsports has a very good review on this suspension set-up. They also have all (4) shocks /struts for $240 on there site. They claim the front is in between the Koni Yellows and STRs. The rears are above stock dampening and are on par with the Koni STRs (orange). I am going to buy Swift Spec R springs for now because my stock suspension only has 12k (90% highway) miles. Whenever they feel like they are out the door, i will purchase the TruHart set-up.
Anyone else interested in the Redshift Motorsports review, take a look at page 1 of this thread and you will find the link.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Truhart and Redshift pages state that they are not compatible with 2014 (and assume 2015) Civic Si's. Am i missing something? Did you guys retrofit?

·
Banned
601 Posts
The Truhart and Redshift pages state that they are not compatible with 2014 (and assume 2015) Civic Si's. Am i missing something? Did you guys retrofit?
From the Redshift Motorsports site:
** Note that the front Truhart struts fit both 2006-11 Civics and 2012+ Civic (even the Si with the larger lower pinch bolts). These struts come with trick stepped shim washers for the lower pinch bolt locations that allow them to be used with 14mm and 16mm bolts. They also come with the swaybar bracket welded to the side of the strut for the 2012+ Civic, and if you have a 2006-11 Civic, you'll just ignore that bracket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone installed these yet? If so, can you post a review? Thinking about buying the fronts and pairing them with the Koni Orange rears. They seem to be the only front shocks that currently fit the 2014-2015 Civic Si at the moment.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I just ordered the truhart shocks/ struts for my 2012 si from eBay"free shipping" it sais fits all models (exc) 12' so Your saying it does fit no problem? The actual part number matches

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, it fits all models except '14-'15 Si. I have yet to install, but confirmed this thru the manufacturer.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Has anyone installed these yet? If so, can you post a review? Thinking about buying the fronts and pairing them with the Koni Orange rears. They seem to be the only front shocks that currently fit the 2014-2015 Civic Si at the moment.
You may want to check on the fitment for the '14-'15 Si... from my understanding, it does not fit yours. You can contact Truhart and confirm:

Performance Suspension Tuning Components

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought and received my truhart shocks and lowering springs the day before yesterday.

Honestly nothing but problems, haven't installed them yet, but truhart sent me two front right struts and two rear right springs.

Also, the front springs (PN:TH-H412) seem like they're coiled wrong. The one labelled front left looks like it's supposed to fit the front right strut. So I'm not too sure if I should do that.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1426114771.180550.jpg
As you can see, that's the labeled "front left" truhart spring and the right oem spring. Both coiled the same. The "front right" truhart spring is coiled in the opposite direction.

Also, as you can see in the below picture, the truhart springs aren't the same length. The left one is about an inch or two shorter. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1426114933.947425.jpg

I wanted to install them over the weekend but it doesn't look like that's happening.

So all in all, the struts/shocks may be good but from the springs that I got, they're not very nice. If anyone who has this setup already installed, your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I only got the shocks and struts but yes they are shorter than OEM, not sure if the springs are shorter. You should contact Truhart and ask them about it. The dude that answered the phone when I called was very knowledgeable. I'm sure they can answer your questions and concerns. I don't recall his name unfortunately, sorry.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I just checked my packaging and it appears on the shocks that the rears are the same for both sides. The struts have the labels "FR" and "FL". The shocks are only noted as a "R" for both.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I only got the shocks and struts but yes they are shorter than OEM, not sure if the springs are shorter. You should contact Truhart and ask them about it. The dude that answered the phone when I called was very knowledgeable. I'm sure they can answer your questions and concerns. I don't recall his name unfortunately, sorry.
Thanks, I'll have to give them a call. We're your rear shocks naked or did you reuse the plastic sleeve?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just checked my packaging and it appears on the shocks that the rears are the same for both sides. The struts have the labels "FR" and "FL". The shocks are only noted as a "R" for both.
Yea I got the same. Funny thing was, the box labeled FL had a right strut in there. Here's a pic.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1426117539.715764.jpg

But I figured the rear shocks are the same. I just got two rear right springs -_- lol.

41 - 60 of 256 Posts