9th Gen Civic Forum banner

TruHart Shocks?

152K views 258 replies 63 participants last post by  Joeyg401 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i have never even heard of these. If you want a good set you should go with the Koni Yellows, they even have adjustable rebound dampers on them and you will probably find some good reviews on those

Reactions: FuelInMyVeins
#3 ·
I had those on my 97 acura integra, only had them on for a few months before someone hit and totaled my car, but I can tell you I felt it handled pretty well, and they gave me a lifetime guarantee, for the price at the time it was well worth it. Can't comment on reliability though as I only had them a few months... Still my my integra....

#6 ·
Koni yellows last time I heard it needs to heck up your stock structs. I hate that, that means the stocks suspension is done. At least this one has front structs.

when is koni going to make it right and make a struct that fits our civics?

#11 ·
#8 ·
Please let us know what springs you end up using, what camber kit(s) (front and/or rear) and your impressions.

Reactions: scottyrocks
#10 ·
jt, it looks like that, for a while at least, you will be official guinea pi . . . um, word on this product.

#13 ·
Ooo, I'm so excited. At last, an overall combo-solution to the springs/shocks dilemma.

#14 ·
like mrgarcia said, you will adore them man. chris redshift said they're very similar to the koni oranges and i believe it. they give the car a real sporty feel without beating you up as much. just make sure to get front camber bolts and rear camber kit because camber is gonna be pretty off with the h&r. i believe chris redshift also as alignment suggestions on his website.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
Did you order them because your stocks went out? Im looking into buying h&r springs but curious how long before the stock shocks go out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I put the H&R's on around 44k and I'm close to 61k now. 90% of my commute is highway. The stocks haven't completely gone out and I haven't noticed any leaks, but they are getting real squishy and not bouncing back like they were when I initially put them on.

#20 ·
I don't anticipate it really changing the height at all. I was thinking the spring would be the final say on the height, but I guess it could affect it. Can anyone advise on that? The shocks are shorter in design when compared to OEM.

#21 ·
Unless you've got Peterbuilt shocks in there (haha), the springs will determine the ride height.

#22 ·
Im glad someone is trying this out! Eventually when I do decide to go for new shocks/struts, I'm thinking these with some H+R springs too. Not to go off topic, but those (H+R springs) are about a 1.5-1.7 inch drop, right?

#29 ·
#36 ·
Yes, that is pretty darn perfect. :)

#30 · (Edited)
I've had S-techs on my two previous cars. They looked great but they blew my stock shocks pretty fast. Granted the car did have 55+k when I installed them so they where probably going out anyways. Not sure what the spring rate was on those. I decided to get the H&Rs just to try something different. So far I'm extremely happy with them.

I really cant wait until there's a nice selection of aftermarket shocks for the 9th gens.

#35 ·
Reactions: MaNiAcK
#38 ·
I received the shocks and struts from Pro Civic Thursday night. The part number on the box is TH-H505. For anyone else that may run into this, apparently the original part number for the '12-'13 (TH-H512) was a temporary part number and has been absorbed into the TH-H505. The only difference was the mounting tab for the end links which is now included with the 505. Pro Civic initially informed me of this part number change and I also confirmed through TruHart. Pics of product to follow soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.