9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I start up my car, my imid always displays Trunk Open, for like 1 quick second then goes to the regular imid screen and the trunk isn't open! just bugs the crap out of me. I'll turn off my car then restart then it's normal. Only happens when I turn off the car and leave it off for like a minute. any suggestions ?

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its trunk open. and lets say if I have my door open it'll say trunk and door open. lol I don't get it.. and How do I reset the ECU ?

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Yes its trunk open. and lets say if I have my door open it'll say trunk and door open. lol I don't get it.. and How do I reset the ECU ?
Is yours coupe or sedan?

·
Registered
67 Posts
everytime i start my car, it says door open for 1 second and then go back to the regular screen. doesnt really bother me though :shrug:

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Unhook the battery cables and with both off of the battery touch them together for about a minute then put them back on and start your car let it idle for a few minutes then go drive as normal for a bit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Well take it back to the dealer. Well you touch them while they are both disconnected from the battery. There is no electrical charge in the system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quit kidnapping people and you wont have that problem anymore!

Just unhook the battery for 15 min and your ecu's internal memory battery will die. Bam, ecu reset. I wouldn't recommend touching the positive to negative. I must have missed that day in shop class.

Look at the tuck locking mechanism, might just be a bit of dirt/dust in there around the contacts/sensors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts