9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys know how to make the trunk pop up all the way up when you press the trunk button... I wanted to make it stronger instead of that weak opening.... Thanx guys

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
i have no idea but i would be afraid of maiking it pop to hard or you might streth the hinges....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea true i just want something a little stronger at least

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have no idea how to do this, but Im curious why would you want to do this? I don't think I've ever considered the trunk release.....

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol you never wondered y it varely opens? And the reason is because my old car use to pop up but not to the point ill be worried that my hinges would break

·
Registered
717 Posts
You could add hydraulic supports which would make it open. On 8thcivic they have a DIY for replacing the tension bars with the lift supports. Like what you see on a hatchback.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Cool thanx bro

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
i had a buddy who did something with bungee cords and was able to get it to open all the way everytime he unlocked the trunk

·
Registered
471 Posts
Could try putting springs that don't have much tension but fling the trunk open a little bit. just an idea

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for all the help guys

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Na i dont have a spoiler. I hate that it barely opens

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
just spitballing here but when you buy a spoiler does it not come with some kind of torsion bar or tensoner to make up for the extra weight of the wing...maybe you could install one of those without the wing and it would give you the extra little push you need? just an idea...

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's in the hinges for sure, when I had my subaru and swapped trunks I had to switch out the hinges due to the weight differences between the spoiler vs. no spoiler. I'd go with the hydraulic supports since I doubt any other stock hinges would suffice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i've noticed this also and it almost seems as though the rubber seal is sticking to the trunk. might want to spray some silicone on the seal to see if that helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you can have the stock hinges set to a different position. if you go to a dealer you can ask if they can move your trunk springs up to the next setting, there is 2 or three different positions for them, it just might not be on a stiff enough posiiton. DO NOT attemt to do this if you dont know how. they are under ALOT of tension and the dealer has the tool to adjust it. i have seen one pop off the trunk hinges and take a guys teeth out cause he wasnt paying attention.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you have an EX/LX you can use the SI springs since they are stronger on account of the SI having a spoiler, still won't open all the way though, one of the members here has a youtube video of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts