9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Rim Color and size poll! (rpf1 on 215/45/17)

• 17x7 Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17x7 SBC

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I realize that these kind of threads pop up constantly.. I've searched through multiple threads but simply cannot decide due to my current situation.

I have just recently ordered a set of summer tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sports) in size 215/45/17 as I got a flat recently and needed a tire that would fit my stock rim for the meantime.

RPF1's are my rim of choice, and I am wondering whether 17x7 or 17x7.5 would be best with 0 rubbing considering the tire & yes, I realize there will be a small stretch on 7.5. I am not looking to roll fenders, so here in where your expertise comes into play!

I am moderately lowered.. Tucking tire (to give you an idea, the bottom of the fender is centered between the top of the rim and the tire) and am worried to order something that will not work with that setup.. I'm not looking to raise the car at all.

Any information would be highly appreciated.. I can post pics if needed!

Ps. Poll included on what you think would look better.. I've got a 2013 Si Coupe and am debating on rim color aswell. Thanks!

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Brett.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would recommend going with the 7.5 as its really not a stretch on a 215 tire. I'm currently running 215s on a 17x9 and I would only call it a moderate stretch at best.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
Hey everyone, I realize that these kind of threads pop up constantly.. I've searched through multiple threads but simply cannot decide due to my current situation.

I have just recently ordered a set of summer tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sports) in size 215/45/17 as I got a flat recently and needed a tire that would fit my stock rim for the meantime.

RPF1's are my rim of choice, and I am wondering whether 17x7 or 17x7.5 would be best with 0 rubbing considering the tire & yes, I realize there will be a small stretch on 7.5. I am not looking to roll fenders, so here in where your expertise comes into play!

I am moderately lowered.. Tucking tire (to give you an idea, the bottom of the fender is centered between the top of the rim and the tire) and am worried to order something that will not work with that setup.. I'm not looking to raise the car at all.

Any information would be highly appreciated.. I can post pics if needed!

Ps. Poll included on what you think would look better.. I've got a 2013 Si Coupe and am debating on rim color aswell. Thanks!

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Brett.
What offsets hehehe?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
I would recommend going with the 7.5 as its really not a stretch on a 215 tire. I'm currently running 215s on a 17x9 and I would only call it a moderate stretch at best.
215 max stretch is on 17x8 wheel any more stretch and it is unsafe and leads to poor performance. Personally not a fan of that stretch look either.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
*facepalm* haven't even thought of offset.. what would be an offset that wouldn't need fenders rolled?
So what are the offsets for those sizes? Guys usually go more aggressive with RPF1 a popular size is 17x8 +35 which should not rub and you can still run 215 tires.

·
Registered
188 Posts
215 max stretch is on 17x8 wheel any more stretch and it is unsafe and leads to poor performance. Personally not a fan of that stretch look either.
I'm not a fan of the stretch look either however these tires were pretty much brand new and didn't feel like buying new ones right now. I'm tracked this setup twice so far and haven't noticed any loss in performance or ride quality really. I tracked the factory rim setup over a dozen times before this swap. I will be switching to 225 PSS when these are done.

Someone said that anything besides 17x9 is ugly because there is no lip? Can anyone chime in to this?
Depends on what you want I went with 17x9 because I wanted the lip, I think its a big difference in appearance between the lip and no lip.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Someone said that anything besides 17x9 is ugly because there is no lip? Can anyone chime in to this?
For example (disclaimer: the following images I pulled from Google):
RPF1s narrower than 9" wide are going to have a convex (or bubble) face:
PICT0275.JPG

RPF1s 9" or wider will have a flatter face and deeper lip appearance:
p342633710-4.jpg

·
I Need A Vacation
13,939 Posts
That is what my tuner shop told me when I spoke to them the other day about rims. They said RPF1 only look good 17x9 and that is the only width they stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts