9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored today at work and decided to look up the 2012 Civic Si on Alldata. I found 2 recalls on my 2012 Civic Si for passenger curtain air bag and drivers curtain air bag. Also found couple of TSBs.

I didnt have time to scan the pages I printed but I took pictures of it on my phone for now. I can keep you guys posted if anymore shows up. I know there some members on here that works at honda and can post up their tsb and recalls. I wanted to post this, so people who are going in for their recalls or a TSB knows what they are exactly doing.

TSB:

12-005

March 14, 2012

Audio System (SVC) Volume Fluctuates

·
Registered
143 Posts
My si is going in Friday for the airbag issue, also rev hang I'm gonna see if they will pay for my re flash if they can't fix it them selves

sent from my galaxy s3

proud owner of 2012 si sedan w nav, crystal black pearl built in Alliston.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
My car was made in may of 2012, would that mean all these issues are already fixed since it was made after the recalls?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm going in Friday due to the fact my airbags randomly turn on/off

sent from my galaxy s3

proud owner of 2012 si sedan w nav, crystal black pearl built in Alliston.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is there a TSB for the Rev Hang? its getting annoying and i made an appointment for Wednesday next week about it but the service manager said "i think that's something they all do", i dont want to tell them to check for an update because i don't wanna be stuck with a diagnostic charge, id love to be able to show them a TSB and say here, f#*kers, fix it

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
For those who are new. When you call or go in the dealership. Dont ask them for Recall updates under these two, ask for Technical Service Bulletin (TSB which Tran mentioned). Not to be confused with recalls, a TSB is issued by a vehicle manufacturer when there are several occurrences of an unanticipated problem. TSBs can range from vehicle-specific to covering entire product lines and break down the specified repair into a step-by-step process. One major difference between a recall and a TSB in the automotive industry is that a recall usually evolves out of safety issues.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
My car was made in may of 2012, would that mean all these issues are already fixed since it was made after the recalls?
probably so, but best to check vin #, as a for sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.