9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2012 Civic si and want to add turbo later on down the road and was just wonder is there any mods or anything to add before going turbo path?

·
Registered
423 Posts
first advice is research. There are a few threads on here that cover it. But, if you are going turbo, you will need or I suggest you get:

Hondata Flashpro
Injectors
Fuel Pump
Return Fuel System (depending on your desired power level)
Clutch
Motor mounts
Upgraded Gears/LSD (depending on your desired power level)
Brakes (if you plan on going fast)
Tires

These are just a few things. You really need to sit down and decide your intentions and goals with this build. It can cost you a fortune or it can be reasonably priced, just depends.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Lord almighty these threads kill me. I want to put a V8 in my civic. Is there anything I need to do, or does it drop right in? Has nobody heard of Google anymore?

·
Registered
596 Posts
There's a few members that made pretty decent threads on turbo charging. Like parts used, issues ran into, etc.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Not to pile on, but turbocharging your daily is definitely not a decision that you should make flippantly. If you're still wondering what other parts you need other than the turbo itself you shouldn't be considering this yet. Lots of searching and studying to do first!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts