9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Turbo. Never worry about your supercharger wearing out, or changing pulleys once you realize you want more power... Never worry about making power for one run then heat soaking and waiting around until your charger cooled down. We have taken off many superchargers, a dozen or so between 8th and 9th gen civics to replace them with our turbo kits. superchargers... well there cute. A turbo kit is kinda like, danm i shouldnt have wasted my time on n/a upgrades i should have just bought this... A turbo is like shit i can do 4th gear burnouts at 80mph when i want... 300whp its ok kinda how the car should feel... 400hp well its fun and alot of fun... 500hp yikes but we can say we make 500hp :)
A turbo makes a cool noise.

Turbo, make 500hp.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I did have both sc = fun Turbo = holy shiet

Reactions: FantaSI

·
Registered
810 Posts
Supercharger. Why? Cause I have the KW kit and it's perfect for what I am looking for. Over 300WHP, fun car to drive. Not all of us need 500HP. I like gas mileage as using my car as a DD.

Doesn't say you can't with a turbo car.

This is my first supercharged car and I have no objections or complaints thus far.

Edit: if you want want as much hp as possible , turbo is probably the way to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Turbochargers never break....EVER. They never burn oil.....EVER. They require no maintenance.....EVER!

See what I did there? ;)

In all honesty, if you want to make 400+whp. Your best bet is to go turbo. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with superchargers. If you just want to have a 300+whp fun DD, you can't go wrong with a blower.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Turbochargers never break....EVER. They never burn oil.....EVER. They require no maintenance.....EVER!

See what I did there? ;)

In all honesty, if you want to make 400+whp. Your best bet is to go turbo. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with superchargers. If you just want to have a 300+whp fun DD, you can't go wrong with a blower.
I agree buddy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
569 Posts
we agree, superchargers are good, but have more limits then turbo cars.... we are not saying do'nt go out and buy a supercharger but set goals. Write them down, then see which will fit your current wants and which one will fit your future wants... notice no "needs" because no one needs either... On the other hand we sell turbo kits ! :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a hard time choosing between a supercharger or a turbo. There's a lot more turbo'd cars out there than s/c'd. Both awsome setups but a s/c is a little more unique in my eyes right now iv been trying to decied between a tvs blower or the ct-e blower with the magnum powers upgrade or the prl turbo kit, they all look amazing.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have a hard time choosing between a supercharger or a turbo. There's a lot more turbo'd cars out there than s/c'd. Both awsome setups but a s/c is a little more unique in my eyes right now iv been trying to decied between a tvs blower or the ct-e blower with the magnum powers upgrade or the prl turbo kit, they all look amazing.
I really hope someone steps up to order the MPx90 upgrade kit to see if it fits properly lol

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I hope someone builds a motor with a turbo and makes 900hp, we already know everything fits.
Bisimoto already did and made 1004whp on a built/turbo K24Z7

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
if you honestly believe bizimoto you should just go outside and breath some real fresh air because bizimoto also went 240mph in a half mile....
I'm just posting what i read. Im not a bisimoto follower. Just saying he claims to have done it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
We know what he claims and he claims alot! alot! lol.

But, to the subject no one has yet built a 900hp+ si and gone out to race it (don't forget the and) But we do know its attainable with a sleeved block, rods, pistons, and a ported head and with a 6262 or comparable turbo along with a return system all while keeping your ac power steering and full street car in tact with our turbo kit. :)

This is why the options are endless with turbo systems! if you were to buy a base kit with a 5962 with the stock motor you can put down over 500hp at the wheels with a return system... build the motor use the same turbo you can make 700-800 hp without changing a pulley or your setup.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts