9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Pics! You can see how much beefier the main shaft is. Gears are thicker, and less but bigger teeth. Stock ones I assume have alot of smaller teeth I assume to reduce noise.

Was hoping my speedometer would be accurate in the stock 5th and 6th gears, however speed sensor runs off new 4th gear, so nothing will read accurately. I'm ok with that, but warning for future people.

Upgrading cutch now. Had the Exedy stage 1 for almost 10k miles. Several times I street started in 2nd gear. This improved launches (similar to my new first gear), but did wear on the clutch. The stage 1 is not shot by any means. Glad I opted for the stage 2, 4 puck for future proofing.

The car is strictly a toy, and I don't drive it like I would if it was my daily. There's blueing on the flywheel, I know that was when I was next to a Camaro SS 馃槑.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I wonder if there's a way to fix the speedometer reading?
I've been wondering the same. I know there's a Dakota digital box that intercepts and changes the speed sensor signal. There's a bunch of stuff they make, not sure if one would work for us. Haven't read of it on the Si yet. It's going to bother me, I'm just not sure how much, if it bothers me too bad I will try to fix it. Seems like most people run in KPH because it's "more" accurate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26

Registered
awesome pics and write up, thanks for sharing with us 馃憤馃徎.
ripping apart a transmission looks intimidating so mad props on you.
self taught, mechanic by trade, or ???

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
awesome pics and write up, thanks for sharing with us 馃憤馃徎.
ripping apart a transmission looks intimidating so mad props on you.
self taught, mechanic by trade, or ???
I've been in industrial maintenance for 15 years, mainly CNC machines. It helps, but by far doesn't make me a expert on any automotive stuff. I'm lucky this car isn't my daily...otherwise I'd have had someone else redo the transmission.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts