9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a 2012 civic si, i’m planning to go full bolt on in the future with a down pipe, cai, performance fuel injector and possibly new headers to pair along with my performance park plugs, and full catback exhaust. I’m just trying to get people opinions on types of tuning. To my knowledge there are the two most popular flash tunes, the ktuner and hondata. but with both i’d have to do everything myself (which i don’t mind) but i’m honestly scared to **** up especially once i put all this money into my car. Is it worth the trouble to learn flash tuning it, or best to get a custom tune from someone with a dyno. Pricing is always an issue but depending on what’s more worth it i’d don’t mind either.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
We dont have a header so downpipe is all you got there. Factory spark plugs and injectors are perfectly fine for FBO. Though if you plan to do the RBC manifold swap i recommend running RDX injectors then. Pay the money to get an e tune from etunez. An e tune takes long but is typically half the price of a dyno tune. Hondata flashpro is the most popular for our cars too

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks man i’ll take that to note.🤙
First thing to get is hondata flashpro. Each performance part you do after you can upload the corresponding basemap for that mod so the car runs ok. Do not run the car hard alot when using a basemap. A basemap is to get you running ok to get to your tuner for a full proper tune.

·
Registered
767 Posts
my vote is hondata

Reactions: notalann

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you keep the stock manifold the factory 310cc injectors will be ok.
For a Etune I’d look into Derek Robinson from innovative motorworks you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i played with both ktuner and hondata and personally hondata worked better for my 9thgen when tuning, had a lot of problems with the knocks and knock sensor while using ktuner but i guess it might be different for everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts