9th Gen Civic Forum banner

501 - 520 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
0-60 with fullrace catback and aFe intake

Heres a little crappy 0-60 video. seems super slow i dont get it...does it seem right to everyone? I get a check engine light alone for a lean code but it goes away after about 100 miles...been since the intake. and yes i grinded 2nd...pos honda trannies.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
You are fine... tune it man.
And I agree with the others, the 9th gen Si transmission is one of the best on the market - bar none.

·
Registered
298 Posts
wrx off the lot feels like crap. You have to buy bushings and short shifter just to get a somewhat pleasurable shifting experience--now thats bad.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not to say your bad at driving stick or anything but it would only grind if the clutch wasn't fully compressed when second gear is selected

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cracked downpipe

Hey guys. I have an ultimate racing downpipe and I just found it had a crack at the weld just after the cat. Has anyone else had this problem? I know it hit a couple of times from hard launches further down from the cat and I'm not sure if that had something to do with it.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Hey guys. I have an ultimate racing downpipe and I just found it had a crack at the weld just after the cat. Has anyone else had this problem? I know it hit a couple of times from hard launches further down from the cat and I'm not sure if that had something to do with it.

I tried warning people.
Its not a good daily driver pipe its super thin.
Remove it and take it to get purge welded.
If you get it miged it'll crack again.
Find someone that will purge weld it and call it a day.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Call UR and see how warranty is.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Purge welding is the same as sanitary welding in that an inert gas "purges" out the oxygen inside the pipe while welding it from the outside. This prevents oxidation of the weld on the inside of the pipe and the weld puddle penetrates deeper giving you a stronger weld. It is also the only way to get a smooth seam inside the pipe.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
890 Posts
This is what it looks like when it is not purged...

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
203 Posts
lol wow that looks like a nasty disease.

I am torn between two downpipes right now, Ultimate Racing and Full Race.

Does UR's DP bolt up to the factory exhaust?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
lol wow that looks like a nasty disease.

I am torn between two downpipes right now, Ultimate Racing and Full Race.

Does UR's DP bolt up to the factory exhaust?
Yes it does. I would go with Full Race. I had UR once upon a time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
you didn't like it? just going by pictures on each of their websites, it seems like the quality of FR is better. However I like UR's cast bellmouth design. It seems like FR uses an expanded / crushed pipe for their bellmouth section, and I'm worried about the durability of such a design. but then again, FR is charging $50 dollars less for theirs, so I might end up going that route.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
you didn't like it? just going by pictures on each of their websites, it seems like the quality of FR is better. However I like UR's cast bellmouth design. It seems like FR uses an expanded / crushed pipe for their bellmouth section, and I'm worried about the durability of such a design. but then again, FR is charging $50 dollars less for theirs, so I might end up going that route.
UR doesn't use true stainless hardware so the bolts were rusting quick,

501 - 520 of 541 Posts