9th Gen Civic Forum banner

521 - 540 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone have the 3" Ultimate Racing exhaust with a 4" straight cut single-wall tip, no resonator, and the 3" Ultimate Racing downpipe without the cat? That can post a video of it?

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
same with ny....butttttttt as long as there is no check engine light no body really hassles you...I passed 2 years in a row at a valvoline with my wrx which was missing 3 cats
When I go for the emissions inspection the first thing he does is get out this mirror on a stick to look under the car. If he can't see a catalytic converter you're not going to pass and you're not going to get your new plate/sticker.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the ultimate racing downpipe is the fact that the flanges and bolts rust out real easy(the flanges aren't stainless steel) but the rest of the pipe is fine and it feels good on this car and it doesn't hit off anything even with hard shifting and I have stock engine mounts

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Anyone else experiencing alot of exhaust rattle?

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Any more updates about rusting flanges and bolts? Or rattle issues? I'm strongly considering UR exhaust and DP, but not if it's going to deteriorate....

edit:

[h=1]Limited Warranty[/h]Ultimate Racing offers a 5-year warranty on our quality and workmanship.
This includes parts that are made in-house by Ultimate Racing (i.e. Fabricated Piping, Welding, Machined Parts). If for any reason these parts should fail within this 5-year period, Ultimate Racing will repair or replace the part free of charge (in-bound and out-bound shipping and handling fees extra).

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've had my UR exhaust for about 15 months, no issues. Paired with S2 DP and Hasport RMM.

Reactions: Civi9

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Beware of Ultimate Racing products. I recently decided against UR after a quick Google search revealed lots of people having issues with rusting flanges and hardware. I read about this recently on a BMW forum.

I bought a Full Race Exhaust and DP used from someone local. He had it installed for well over 10K miles, and the flanges and hangers are like new. I'm majorly impressed. I anticipate running into fitment issues, but others have seemed to eventually get it worked out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gonna bring this thread back to life. I'm thinking about getting the Ultimate Racing Exhaust. I don't want a fully loaded one with the resonator and muffler, just one of them. Which one his quieter/less droney? Exhaust with the resonator or secondary muffler? Just want some more info from people who have this before buying this (or the full race if it's too loud).

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Gonna bring this thread back to life. I'm thinking about getting the Ultimate Racing Exhaust. I don't want a fully loaded one with the resonator and muffler, just one of them. Which one his quieter/less droney? Exhaust with the resonator or secondary muffler? Just want some more info from people who have this before buying this (or the full race if it's too loud).
For sure the one with secondary muffler. I had looked hard at the UR exhaust, but was turned off by the fact that their hanger connectors aren't stainless steel and eventually rust.

I went Full Race for that reason.

If you don't want a lot of drone and noise, don't get a 3" exhaust. Trust me on that. If you have to have the 3" exhaust and are willing to be patient, have a J-pipe welded just before the rear muffler. It will kill the drone.

Reactions: Marcin_Sdf

·
Registered
23 Posts
For sure the one with secondary muffler. I had looked hard at the UR exhaust, but was turned off by the fact that their hanger connectors aren't stainless steel and eventually rust.

I went Full Race for that reason.

If you don't want a lot of drone and noise, don't get a 3" exhaust. Trust me on that. If you have to have the 3" exhaust and are willing to be patient, have a J-pipe welded just before the rear muffler. It will kill the drone.
I'm fine with a little bit of drone. I also want a 3" exhaust because I plan on eventually going boosted (probably turbo). I'm pretty sure you can weld on new hangars (right?), so if they do rust, I'll just have a shop weld ones. Thanks for the info/advice :)

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I'm fine with a little bit of drone. I also want a 3" exhaust because I plan on eventually going boosted (probably turbo). I'm pretty sure you can weld on new hangars (right?), so if they do rust, I'll just have a shop weld ones. Thanks for the info/advice :)
Yes sir! New hangers can be swapped on. May even be worth it to buy some stainless steel parts and have a shop swap em before installing the exhaust.

Although, our stock exhaust and DP have parts that rust too, I've noticed. lol...

BTW if you were in Texas, I have a killer DP and Exhaust combo for sale. Full race with added resonator to clean up rasp. Catted DP.

Reactions: Calebarnett

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't live in Texas (though I wish I did). I live in the cold, windy city of Chicago (but today it's 60 yay). But for DP, I'm still debating on that for now. My list right now is exhaust, then springs, then wheels (or tune). That list is going to expand in the future hopefully. Thanks for the offer though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes sir! New hangers can be swapped on. May even be worth it to buy some stainless steel parts and have a shop swap em before installing the exhaust.

Although, our stock exhaust and DP have parts that rust too, I've noticed. lol...

BTW if you were in Texas, I have a killer DP and Exhaust combo for sale. Full race with added resonator to clean up rasp. Catted DP.
You wouldn’t so happen to still have this set up would you? 👀👀

521 - 540 of 541 Posts