9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar - 2014 Civic Si 9th Generation

40K views 73 replies 21 participants last post by  kev604 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I know this is really no big deal, but in all of my web searching to find the exact connection points for this strut/chassis bar, I was able to find all of 1 single picture on Google Images, hence this post.
In order to get this thing mounted, I found it easiest just to completely disassemble the cowl that covers the front shock towers. This gives essentially unlimited access from above to the two bolt holes each, on driver and passenger sides. This way, you can get a rachet and extension in there to easily tighten everything down. Enough washers were included to use one on the top AND bottom sides for both of the front attachment points. This is what it looks like when it's done.

See less See more
#2 ·
Loks good man, also looks more functional then any other strut bar I have seen.

#3 ·
Nice man.
Yeh taking off the cowl is the best option.
I believe the ultra racing rear trunk brace will also fit our models.

PLease let us know how it's changed the handling dynamics.
Thanks for posting.

#5 ·
Team 3D is right. It actually doesn't connect at any of the bolts that hold the strut top hat to the chassis. Instead it connect inside of either strut tower. That being said, I felt a huge difference going up and down driveways, like into or out of parking lots. I haven't gone around any corners fast since the install so I can't comment on that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: team3d
#15 ·
Here is my 15 Si sedan with 4point strut tower brace and 3 point rear trunk brace. They work! It does what it is supposed to do! On Monday while getting my oil changed at the dealer by my buddy, I test drove a brand new 15 Si and instant difference. I was able to smash on corners and freeway and I was very happy with my car. The salesman even took it for a spin on the freeway. He has a fully built 8th gen so after he convo he was cool about me testing the car how I did :smiling_imp:

Attachments

#18 ·
It's a smart man who keeps a first aid kit in the trunk. We should all follow your example.
I do like the way the car feels a lot more now since the front brace is in. I was accelerating up a semi circular freeway on ramp on an incline with some camber in the right direction to help, not hurt. Damn the car just felt so right! I'm pretty excited for the rear one now.

#26 ·
Just received both front engine bay brace and rear trunk brace. I had little problems putting the rear in due to it being so tight between the top two connection points but eventually I got it in.

The front is a different story. I have a 15' Si coupe and can seem to locate the bottom 2 connection points on my car.

I've tried to compare photos but they all seem to be 4 doors. I'm thinking something changed. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow to show what I'm talking about.

#29 ·
Well now I'm pissed. The lucky guy from RI has already received the rear bar I've been waiting forever for. Envy is a green-eyed devil and right now, it looks a lot like me.

Damn! I would be so pissed off! Should call them up and try ordering it from the website I mentioned. Other members and myself got it less than a week and a half. Good communication as well.

#38 ·
PM me, I know where you can get it. Cheap and 100% authentic. Ultra Racing verified the seller and my braces.

I took mine Si to get an oil change at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and everything seem fine. They just used a funnel to add oil. As far as air filter. I have a skunk2 cai my intake. So not a problem either.
@Baby_blue_6_4: can you give us update when you do oil change and /or air filter and/or maintenance? How difficult to change stock intake filter, how difficult to fill the oil, etc. Thank You kindly

#34 ·
Ok I took some pictures after work just now.

As you can see the top left and right bolts line up:

Here is the Problem on the Lower Connection Points:

You can see a little piece of steel that gets in the way. I could probably cut the spot weld, notch out the steel or break it off completely and drill a hole and paint it. I am just wondering where the mounting points are on everyone else's so i can compare.

Hopefully someone can help out with this. I would hate to drill a new hole into my new car, But if i have to i will :unsure:

#39 ·
The brace seems fine, the bottom should bolt on to the two pre made holes that are located between the rubbers for the hood and the corner of the light you have it laying on. Align the bottom first then worry about the top bolts. Hope that makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.