9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the great picture quality post.. I will also be ordering a set for my 2012 civic sedan.. I'm looking forward to adding this to my car.. Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Which brace are you guys ordering from their site for the 9th gen sedan? All I see is japanese models and years, don't see any particular brace labeled fb6 or 9th gen civic etc.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just received both front engine bay brace and rear trunk brace. I had little problems putting the rear in due to it being so tight between the top two connection points but eventually I got it in.

The front is a different story. I have a 15' Si coupe and can seem to locate the bottom 2 connection points on my car.

I've tried to compare photos but they all seem to be 4 doors. I'm thinking something changed. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow to show what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well now I'm pissed. The lucky guy from RI has already received the rear bar I've been waiting forever for. Envy is a green-eyed devil and right now, it looks a lot like me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well now I'm pissed. The lucky guy from RI has already received the rear bar I've been waiting forever for. Envy is a green-eyed devil and right now, it looks a lot like me.

Damn! I would be so pissed off! Should call them up and try ordering it from the website I mentioned. Other members and myself got it less than a week and a half. Good communication as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts

Sorry to hear that man, I ordered directly from their Malaysia site and they shipped Int'l FedEx in about a week.

Like others have said, I would try to call the company and see what the deal is.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok I took some pictures after work just now.

As you can see the top left and right bolts line up:

Here is the Problem on the Lower Connection Points:

You can see a little piece of steel that gets in the way. I could probably cut the spot weld, notch out the steel or break it off completely and drill a hole and paint it. I am just wondering where the mounting points are on everyone else's so i can compare.

Hopefully someone can help out with this. I would hate to drill a new hole into my new car, But if i have to i will :unsure:

·
Registered
155 Posts
PM me, I know where you can get it. Cheap and 100% authentic. Ultra Racing verified the seller and my braces.
It would be nice if you could find the trunk brace on eBay too.
I took mine Si to get an oil change at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and everything seem fine. They just used a funnel to add oil. As far as air filter. I have a skunk2 cai my intake. So not a problem either.
@Baby_blue_6_4: can you give us update when you do oil change and /or air filter and/or maintenance? How difficult to change stock intake filter, how difficult to fill the oil, etc. Thank You kindly

·
Registered
155 Posts
The brace seems fine, the bottom should bolt on to the two pre made holes that are located between the rubbers for the hood and the corner of the light you have it laying on. Align the bottom first then worry about the top bolts. Hope that makes sense.
Ok I took some pictures after work just now.

As you can see the top left and right bolts line up:

Here is the Problem on the Lower Connection Points:

You can see a little piece of steel that gets in the way. I could probably cut the spot weld, notch out the steel or break it off completely and drill a hole and paint it. I am just wondering where the mounting points are on everyone else's so i can compare.

Hopefully someone can help out with this. I would hate to drill a new hole into my new car, But if i have to i will :unsure:

21 - 40 of 74 Posts