9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while driving to work i ran over tire shreds. Had no choice. It torn off alot of panels under car. Pic attached. I have my scanner plugged in. What is the hottest temp for coolant before its bad. Those panels help with air flow to engine bay. My dealer said it would be a week to get parts in. I just want to make sure my car isbt over heating. 2012 civic 1.8L.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think you will be fine.... To me these panels are for noise....and a tiny help to MPGs.

Do you have the metal oil change access panel still ??

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
I think you will be fine.... To me these panels are for noise....and a tiny help to MPGs.
Yes, I believe their main function is to aid in smoothing airflow under the car, upping mpgs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes still metal oil pan cover. Its a 12. The 14 has more panels like the he of my year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work for an acura dealer. These are not a vital psrt to the car. I honestly would leave them off if they were ripped of like yours. Why ask about the coolant temp? Did the light kick on or?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have to share. In early June, I stupidly backed Black Betty off of a construction road at the back of our subdivision. I was trying to make room for a cement mixer coming the other way and buried the car to the belly pans in the mud of the farm field next to the road. Totally mucked in (remember the rains of spring?). I had to climb out the passenger window to get out. Our builder pulled me out backwards with his 2500 series Ram. I ran it over to the local car wash for an under body wash. Took it home and literally, there was no mud under the car. I think the underbody aero panels kept the muck out of the mechanicals. None were damaged in the off road excursion either.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i put those panels back on. Honda put them on there for a reason. Also nothing was damage d on mine. Great story. I am happy you shared

1 - 7 of 7 Posts