9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On honda civic 2012, under hood fuse box does not have names/symbols for all relays. it just says book with letter "i" indicating refer manual?? Manual also shows info about fuses and not relays.
Does anyone know what these relays with "i" exactly for?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Based on the trumpety-looking symbol on the top one I'd venture to say that is some sort of horn relay. No idea what the bottom one is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, some of are clear to understand, highlighted horn just to indicate its clear. There are bunch of them with "i" that is I am more curious for.
Actually I am interested to know if some of the relays is related to radiator fan...

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,574 Posts
This may not match exactly, although a google search on '2012 honda civic fuse box' yielded many diagrams such as this one:

2012-honda-civic-fuse-box-diagram-1997-within-97-resized665-2c4296ssld1-pictures-adorable-700x45.jpg

Look at some of the pictures when you a search and match one up to yours. It could help.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
On honda civic 2012, under hood fuse box does not have names/symbols for all relays. it just says book with letter "i" indicating refer manual?? Manual also shows info about fuses and not relays.
Does anyone know what these relays with "i" exactly for?
the pdf file is too large to upload to this forum.
so if you pm an email address and I will send a pdf with the info you seek.

Or, go here: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_000.asp?&country=1&language=0
Pay 10 bucks and you can have access to all the car's info.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
shade tree mechanic way...

remove relay...see what quits working! repeat for all questionable relays

but nowadays...we have Teeps here!

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
shade tree mechanic way...

remove relay...see what quits working! repeat for all questionable relays

but nowadays...we have Teeps here!
I did that once for a 1991 Accord SE I had because the ABS was making a weird noise that sounded like chipmunks were living under my hood. Popped the ABS whateveritwas and the sound went away. Fast-forward a few weeks and I'm driving on the freeway and get cutoff and then the van slams on its brakes. What do I do? Slam on my brakes too, duh. But this time I don't have ABS and lock up my brakes, end up sliding sideways and t-bone the cement guardrail on the right shoulder of the freeway and totaled my car.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,574 Posts
Score one for the 'stupid things other drivers do' thread.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I did that once for a 1991 Accord SE I had because the ABS was making a weird noise that sounded like chipmunks were living under my hood. Popped the ABS whateveritwas and the sound went away. Fast-forward a few weeks and I'm driving on the freeway and get cutoff and then the van slams on its brakes. What do I do? Slam on my brakes too, duh. But this time I don't have ABS and lock up my brakes, end up sliding sideways and t-bone the cement guardrail on the right shoulder of the freeway and totaled my car.
well...you were supposed to replace the 'whateveritwas' after finding the chipmunks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2015 civic si. The car won't start when I click on the keyless ignition. Lights turn on. Just had the battery tested at advance auto parts... it's fairly new and the battery is good. Trying to diagnose the culprit. Anyone know where the starter relay is located? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have a 2015 civic si. The car won't start when I click on the keyless ignition. Lights turn on. Just had the battery tested at advance auto parts... it's fairly new and the battery is good. Trying to diagnose the culprit. Anyone know where the starter relay is located? Thanks.
Is your key fob battery dead or weak? Might want to replace just in case.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is your key fob battery dead or weak? Might want to replace just in case.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Key fob battery is good. We had the battery tested at advance auto parts since it's less than a year old, it was good. Once we installed it back in today the car turned on. My dad has this thing that connects to the battery that shows if the alternator is working and it indicates it isn't. Plus we also checked the voltage with the car on and it was around 12.24. So for some reason the alternator isn't charging the battery. We need to figure out what parts to diagnose before taking the alternator out and seeing if advance auto parts can test the alternator itself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts