9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i've got a plan here

Bought this to start to use as a control button for the underseat lighting. We have three slots usable on the left of the steering wheel, only one is used for me :/

OEM Honda 02-04 Acura RSX DC5 Fog Light Switch Button Type S GENUINE PART NEW | eBay

So i'll but the above in and want to splice the wire from this unit i bought last week (below) and have it all connected so that its a series circuit and will be open/closed by this push button :)

NEW RED 4PC LED INTERIOR NEON UNDERSEAT DASH LIGHTS | eBay

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance :)

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No electricians?? :pout:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so if anyone else wants to do this, this is what I'm gonna do. Worst case scenario my dad is gonna solder these connectors onto the HFP light system switch together and i will take pictures of everything i do and document it here as best as i can.

This is how i'm laying everything out just so you know.

As a side note, all the LED lighting are installed in 9" tubes. There are a total of 4 of them, with 18 LED's each.
Below is the layout:

View attachment 8078

Here's the math behind it. I figure the entire system requires about 1300mA. Each LED uses 18mA, with 18 LED in each tubing. We have 4 tubes of 18 LED's.

So.. 18mA x 18LED's = 324mA per tube

324mA x 4 tubes = 1296mA

Thank fully the operational range stated on the inverter into the tubes states a max range of 2500mA to as low as 1000mA on a 5v system.

Since the HFP lighting is run on 5v and a 3500mA inverter, i can take the secondary leads pushing 1500mA of current and use them on my LED system :D. That way the HFP lighting and the custom lighting is on the same 5 amp ACC fuse :D

Will post pick of my wonderful wiring and turn out once i get the chance to buy some more 18 gauge wire :D

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**Sorry its such a miserable pic! tried to find overview schematics but there litterally don't exists!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts