9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While washing the 2012 Civic EX the other day, I noticed that the sunroof on the passenger side wasn't quite as flush with the roof as the driver side. Specifically the front right side of the passenger side is a small amount above the steel of the roof. The driver side is flush with the steel.

I was at the dealer today and looked at other EX sunroofs and no 2 were identical to each other - and none seemed "perfect" all the way around - though mine seemed the "worse" (of course) - so maybe it's "normal" not to be flush 100%?

(There is no leaking or other issues with the roof that I know of).

So- what is "normal"? (Thanks!)

·
Registered
348 Posts
My Si is like that too!! It is a little jacked up on the pass side!?? I would hate to take down the headliner to adjust on the new car though?? May just live with it...if it's not an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I'm gonna have to really take a look at mine...i never noticed that it was "off" so i'm hoping if it is its an acceptable amount. I would think Honda would have an acceptable range for passing if its not perfect. I don't know why i would think that, but like everything, if its within a certain % error than its "ok..."

Also with it gasketed all the way around the glass, i wouldn't worry about leaks, however, if its quite a a bit "off", over time it could cause the gasket to wear prematurely, leading to leaks in the future i would think.
Pics would be helpful, and based on your story, you aren't the only one, so its something others are sure to be interested in as well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Si is like that too!! It is a little jacked up on the pass side!?? I would hate to take down the headliner to adjust on the new car though?? May just live with it...if it's not an easy fix.

DO NOT PULL DOWN YOUR HEADLINER!!! You pull it down you have a 99.9% chance of creasing it. This is one of the main civic cost cuts. Its made with a new type of material which doesn't allow you to bend it without creasing it. Just bring the car to the dealership and have them take a look at it. Also if you dont have any experience installing pillar garnishes a miset garnish could cause you or other passengers severe injuries if the airbags are deployed in a accident (Hopefully its never happens).

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's why I can live with it. It is one of those first model year runs I guess. You(dealership) can mess a lot of new stuff up trying to adjust it a little. But, It is still a super car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided not to have the dealer work on it.

If I ever have the car in for another reason I may have them do it then, but since it seems "normal" it is probably going to cause more problems having them try to adjust it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Longtime lurker..first post :) I've noticed on my civic ex coupe that when i pull back the moonroof cover and i'm driving i hear a little whistle from the moonroof..maybe my seal is a little off too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts