9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy the Unorthodox racing pulleys but I just want to hear some reviews about them, do you need to retune after installation? Anything will help thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
would like to know more about this also

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
910 Posts
i remember being told years ago that underdrive pulleys won't do any good, or a a bad mod (one of the two). I never looked into though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had UR pulleys on my old car RSX-S. I had them on for the life of the car and raced it at the track on the weekends. I used to race my friends modded MR2 Turbo and he would pull on me each time but after I installed my pulleys I made up some time / trap speed. Def felt a gain IMO.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have the Buddy Club pulley set that underdrives both the Crank and Alternator pulley. It's all relative but I "think" the car accelerates more efficiently.

No tune needed.
I bought the Unorthdox crank pulley for my 8th Gen (not under drive - just lightweight) and it helped rev on demand. Was running F.P. and lightweight flywheel. Was told that a crank pulley without a dampener was bad from the race crowd. Same folks with turbo's and S/C's. Meh, if it added, it didn't hurt mine for 100k+ miles. Died at 310k due to sudden stop. Engine still ran. Gauge for yourself.
Big rotational weight savings. Go for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts