9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an EX sedan w/ factory NAV and would really like to keep the navigation, if at all possible. That being said, I am really unhappy with the overall sound quality. I don't need anything overly loud, but I do like crisp highs, clean mids, reasonable bass. I was hoping to switch out the speakers for something like the Polk DB651 and be done with it, but I don't know how much that will improve anything.

Has anyone just upgraded the speakers and seen an improvement? Would adding a line level converter and external amp help the issue, or is the output from the factory head always going to be bad?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think it depends how much you want to spend. Personally, I had to replace the OEM head unit even after replacing speakers/amp and adding a subwoofer/amp to get the sound quality I wanted.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It is possible to work with the navi unit alone. Yes, replace the stock speakers. Anything will sound better. If you can, add a sub. Like ToddPhooz said, it depends on how much you want to spend on your system but you can do things from relatively cheaply to as much as you want to spend. An amp with aftermarket speakers will improve it greatly. Having said that, I'm a bit greedy and have dumped enough into my system that I have to replace the navi in my EX-L but even I realize I'm being ridiculous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts