9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen a few underdrive pulleys sets over random searches and a hefty amount of info on them but I was scrolling on Axion’s website the other day and noticed unorthodox makes a lightweight pulley set that doesn’t underdrive. For the sake of scratching the itch while saving up for suspension would this be worth it? 280ish in price and not under driving should leave me in the clear for future mods right? At the moment I just have full exhaust and intake with an e-tune.
here’s the link

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
745 Posts
Interesting. These work with Superchargers, might be something to look into later. If I had the cash and time, I'd go have a shop throw them on. Got nothing from using Google but mentions of the underdrive.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Exactly my point. Idk I’d like to grab them but I’m a bit hesitant.
I've ran a underdrive pulley before. They like to squeal. Not sure if a normal size lightweight will do the same, but I would think it'd squeal the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll keep looking around I suppose. Surprised there’s not much more information

·
Registered
745 Posts
I’ll keep looking around I suppose. Surprised there’s not much more information
You have to go back to older generations. Could give you an idea.

·
Registered
632 Posts
You have to go back to older generations. Could give you an idea.
Yep. When I said I ran one before, I meant on another platform.

Reactions: TenZen

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with NST also not underdrive and I got a great deal with the available discount codes going around online (yahoo’s a good source) Good quality and its never squealed on me. The downshift rev match of the motor is amazing and is night and day vs factory!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with NST also not underdrive and I got a great deal with the available discount codes going around online (yahoo’s a good source) Good quality and its never squealed on me. The downshift rev match of the motor is amazing and is night and day vs factory!
I do like that they offer them anodized as well. May not ever rust anyway but it’s a nice insurance policy. How long have you had them on?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow up I ended up asking my tuner and he doesn’t have any documented engine failures from aftermarket pulleys so he gave me the green light to go for it. I ordered the ur stock diameter pulley that recently came out. Hopefully I don’t break stuff when I install it lol

·
Registered
745 Posts
Is NST till around? I read somewhere where people were ordering from and not getting squat. Probably gonna jump on UR pulleys later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes they are I emailed them about a stock diameter pulley and it would have to be custom and a semi hassle to get there. That and it’s $300. I got the ur pulley for 200 shipped 🤷🏻‍♂️. Not cheap but it should be solid. Pretty sure a shop is gonna have to put it in my torque wrench isn’t quite big enough to torque the bolt back down.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes they are I emailed them about a stock diameter pulley and it would have to be custom and a semi hassle to get there. That and it’s $300. I got the ur pulley for 200 shipped 🤷🏻‍♂️. Not cheap but it should be solid. Pretty sure a shop is gonna have to put it in my torque wrench isn’t quite big enough to torque the bolt back down.
Yeah a shop is going to be putting them on, especially the crank. My little Lowes cordless impact probably won't do squat. Where did you get them for $200? Site you listed wants almost $300.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope. It’ll be easier to just do the crank and belt. I’ll leave the alternator and idler alone

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nope. It’ll be easier to just do the crank and belt. I’ll leave the alternator and idler alone
Interesting take. Let us know what happens after getting it put on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts