9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The process was very simple but I will admit when that bolt breaks tension it’s very very loud and scary if you’re not ready haha

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
352 Posts
always been tempted by lightweight pulleys. curious to hear how you like them when they are all installed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well I got the idler pulley today and installed in real quick it’s painfully easy and I can for sure feel a difference. The 2 definitely make a little difference I think is well worth it

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
786 Posts
Well I got the idler pulley today and installed in real quick it’s painfully easy and I can for sure feel a difference. The 2 definitely make a little difference I think is well worth it
Stop it. You're making me have an itch to get them.

Reactions: AndyMac204

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Axion industries sells both the under drive and standard size sets
Axion site is confusing. It shows and mentions both kits but doesn't say which one they have. Probably have to ask them.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
352 Posts
just curious as to why this over the buddyclub?
sick breaker bar dude 👍🏻

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
@AndyMac204 thanks. No huge reason I just didn’t want to underdrive. I’ve heard of Fitment issues with buddy club pulleys so I went with unorthodox. They’ve been around forever I figured I’d be good with Fitment which I was

·
Registered
786 Posts
@AndyMac204 thanks. No huge reason I just didn’t want to underdrive. I’ve heard of Fitment issues with buddy club pulleys so I went with unorthodox. They’ve been around forever I figured I’d be good with Fitment which I was
It's almost been 2 weeks. How is it going? Because I'm about ready to get them. Heeltoe hasn't gotten back to me about getting the crank pulley, so I'm just going to buy them separately.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
They’re holding up just fine! I’ve gotten used to them so it’s just like driving the car like always but they’re working out well no squealing. The free revs are nice. I’d still recommend getting them for sure. Xlr8 might not have the set but if you email he might give you a good deal

·
Registered
786 Posts
They’re holding up just fine! I’ve gotten used to them so it’s just like driving the car like always but they’re working out well no squealing. The free revs are nice. I’d still recommend getting them for sure. Xlr8 might not have the set but if you email he might give you a good deal
Went ahead and bought them both. XLR8 already sent an email about the crank pulley shipping today, nothing out of Heeltoe. Don't know what they are doing, but they are already pissing me off, still no response to the email about them getting the crank pulley. Gonna start looking for the idler pulley somewhere else and getting my money back if I don't hear anything by Thursday/Friday.

The order from Heeltoe got updated to processing a bit ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
@TenZen xlr8 sold me my idler as well. Idk if it’s listed on the site. I hate shitty response times it gets annoying

·
Registered
786 Posts
@TenZen xlr8 sold me my idler as well. Idk if it’s listed on the site. I hate shitty response times it gets annoying
Didn't even think about searching them for it. Their price is high compared to Heeltoe. Heeltoe has it for $119.25 vs $150. Slightly cheaper with the Black Friday code they got going on too.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Take the discount for sure.
When you took the crankshaft pulley off, was there some kind seal or something back there needed to be replaced while you're there?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts