9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a super fast Patriot Flash Drive for music listening in my Si. When I hook it up it says, unsupported! Anyone know how to fix it? Its formatted fat32.

I was using a USB 2.0 Flash Drive by SanDisk. I had no problems with it, but the patriot drive is ridiculously fast! So I decided to use this one.
USB flash drives are backwards compatible, so this tells me its an issue with the software and/or hardware found in ours cars? Do you agree? I sure hope Honda releases an update for our i-Mid and also gives us Pandora display, sms display, etc...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try formatting it, again? USB3.0 still retains the separate USB2.0 contact points (think of USB3.0 as a bolt-on upgrade to USB2.0).

·
Registered
48 Posts
First off. I am a professional IT guy. Just make sure when you are creating you playlist that you are putting your music for each band on the most outside portion of the drive. Don't make a folder and put it inside. Just put the band names on the outside and it should open up from there. It has a hard time looking into folders inside the USB.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Formatting FAT32 is the only way.
Dump all your mp3 files in the usb thumb drive then should be recognize or do a couple of time hotplug.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your help guys!

Fat32 - Yes it is formatted this way. I have to have all my flash drives formatted this way anyways. I work across the Mac & Windows OS's daily. I will try again, maybe a full format. I can't remember if I tried this already?

Folders - I never had any problems with folders before? I have lots of folders on my Sandisk 2.0 drives and no issues. I will however give it a shot.

Patriot - Maybe its a Patriot Memory problem? I will see what I can figure out.

Keep the thoughts and ideas coming! I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No luck again after full fat32 format. I placed some mp3's right on the drive, no folders. It still did not work!

·
Registered
63 Posts
What model is it? Does it show up as two drives, ie a small partition holding some firmware? Nothing funny going on, probably just bad luck on the brand.. That sucks :( I bought an adata 3.0, works flawlessly.

Sent from da Nexus 7

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a Corsair USB 3.0 32 gigs drive that's proving to be a PITA! Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. It's formatted properly but still incompatible. My old Sandisk works perfectly. Go figure!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried my Patriot 3.0 drive in my old head unit that is now in my other vehicle and it works flawlessly. The headunit is 5 years old! Come on Honda, seriously! We need a free update to our i-Mid.

·
Registered
405 Posts
also ran into that issue, had a 32gb drive formatted FAT32 and it would see it, for about 10 seconds, then say unrecognized. now watch this, same brand, same usb 2.0, 16gb instead of 32gb, worked like a charm. Civic supports less than 32gb? seriously I buy a $23k car and a $150 piece doesn't work the right way? my only complaint, i can rant for days on this, but wont haha

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine's a Patriot Memory 16GB 3.0 Flash drive. - does not work.
One that does work...
Any Sandisk 2.0 drive that I have works fine. I have confirmed this with 8, 16, 32 GB.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Despite the fact that they are supposed to be backwards compatible I still sometimes find issues using a 3.0 drive on 2.0. Different brands also sometimes come with different issues. So far Sandisk 2.0 has given zero problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts