9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Downpipe arrived. Installing this weekend. I figure there is already a DIY for it? If not Ill take some pics.

Chances are Ill be purchasing a takeda axle back from the group buy here. Then get a shop to weld up some mid piping for me...
Just asked what the size piping the takeda axle back uses. I figure around 2.5-2.75. The DP is megan's 2.25 piping so I plan on that being the most restrictive section. Ill probably go with 2.75 unless the axle back is only 2.5 then Ill match it.

I think Ive got wheels figured out. Just got to talk with my boy at americastires and see if I can get them soon on credit or wait for my taxes.
As well trying to get a trunk brace/beaksbar for the rear... wondering if I could throw the beaks on with the megan rear tie bar. Why not..

·
Registered
734 Posts
I can't wait to see which wheels you go with! I want to get a new set, but it's hard to find anything I like at the same weight for a good price.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

Plans are to install early tomorrow. Pics to follow.

As well Im pretty sure Ill be going with the takeda axle back. Bolt that up myself as well... not sure if it will fit correctly with the rear bumper. I can probably just modify the hangers or at the very least just hack off the tip for a 2.5in turn down.
As the year comes to a close I may look at finishing up the exhaust with some 2.75in piping from the DP to axleback.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Downpipe arrived. Installing this weekend. I figure there is already a DIY for it? If not Ill take some pics.

Chances are Ill be purchasing a takeda axle back from the group buy here. Then get a shop to weld up some mid piping for me...
Just asked what the size piping the takeda axle back uses. I figure around 2.5-2.75. The DP is megan's 2.25 piping so I plan on that being the most restrictive section. Ill probably go with 2.75 unless the axle back is only 2.5 then Ill match it.

I think Ive got wheels figured out. Just got to talk with my boy at americastires and see if I can get them soon on credit or wait for my taxes.
As well trying to get a trunk brace/beaksbar for the rear... wondering if I could throw the beaks on with the megan rear tie bar. Why not..
So the Megan DP is actually 2.25"?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Downpipe on. As expected I dont feel much as of right now. The cat is still right bef

Downpipe on. For some reason I cant copy and paste or click the insert image button on my home laptop so tomorrow at work on my break Ill copy and paste it all over from azine.

But for any interested... r18 megan downpipe install on my 2013 ilx r20 went perfect. No CEL, sound just barely changed to a little more throaty and it pulls just a bit more in the higher RPMs. I love it. Cant wait to have enough for the Takeda axle back.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Copied from azine
Downpipe on.
As expected I dont feel much as of right now. The cat is still right before it and there is still a bottle neck where the oem mid piping starts. This will be addressed after Ive bolted up an axle back.

I do feel a slight bit more pull in the higher RPMs. In sport mode I can feel it more; while letting the tranny shift you only feel more pull right before it shifts.

Love these new metal shrouds. So much easier to get off than those damn plastic tabs/screws.

Quick comparo

Stock downpipe had no gasket. Used the metal gasket the downpipe supplied but used the stock gasket to the cat since it still looked great and I hear the megan ones can leak down the line.

Shroud back on after testing for any leaks.

And the victory beer. Ordered these a lil while back at a local Liquor store. Went through there while test driving and was happy to see they were in. Id only had the Oatmeal Stout from Great Divide which I loved. This espresso stout was a suggestion from a fellow crafter beer drinker and it was a great one!

Bought H&R Block yesterday. Will be running my tax numbers through it this week. Once Ive got my totals figured out Ill be rolling down to my buddies shop to get him to start a credit line and get some wheels ordered.

After that it will be time for the axle back then midpiping which I have decided to go with the Takeda axle back.. it is 2.5in piping. The downpipe is 2.25. Im going to go with 2.75 in the midpioing so if it gets any restrictive around the bends itll still be as open as the axle back making the cat the only choke point. Then Ill decide if I want to tune from there or say **** smog and replace the cat with a catless header.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

I feel like the more I drive the more my engine warms up this is new downpipe. Engine really seems to be able to pick up in the higher RPMs during freeway driving.
Can't wait to get the rest of this exhaust done.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Same here! After axleback and mid-pipe installed, The car get more power. Even after a couple weeks, I'm still noticing a bit more gain. LOL! I think the car adapting itself slowly.

Glad to hear you like it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Same here! After axleback and mid-pipe installed, The car get more power. Even after a couple weeks, I'm still noticing a bit more gain. LOL! I think the car adapting itself slowly.

Glad to hear you like it!
That's what I'm thinking. Makes sense since these engines are constantly adapting to the way we drive. Figures they'd adapt to changes to the engine itself as well.

What size midpiping did you go with??

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
The whole setup is coming along real nice! It's nice to have you here. Looking forward to all the updates, sweet ride :D
Thank you! Glad to be here. Everyone is pretty friendly.

Also... I believe I narrowed down the wheel choice. Reps for now until I have a better idea what sizing I want to run. Going to start with some 18x8/9 and see if I want to go any bigger or wider.
Ive been on willitfit a lot recently. Here it what I got for the recent wheel choice VS my oem wheels.
..disregard the tire specs though that is probably what Ill run for the 18s.

Left is the Front set up Right is the Rear.
Anyone have any idea if the inside spacing will be enough in the rear? Only 9in wide but at 40offset Im wondering if the inside will rub... not worried about the poke if any.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
the best size for ilx is 18x8.5 et30, you can also go 18x9 et30, but you will stretch the tires a bit (225/40-18)

41 - 60 of 255 Posts