9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No brand new car is perfect: sometimes it becomes necessary for us to bring vehicles to the dealership to fix things that are not as they should be. Often times, it is very likely that many of these issues will be encountered by one or more other drivers, due to workmanship, part quality, or assembly-related quirks.

I'm making this thread because I want people to be able to look at examples of warranty work other users have had done (or need to have done), in order to assist them in working with their dealerships to have the work performed and to share tips of how they were able to get more infrequent, hard to replicate issues replicated at the dealership. That, and to assuage them that they aren't crazy, and other owners may have the same 'weird' problem they do!

Please feel free to share any warranty work you need to have done (or have had done) on your vehicle, any tips to assist in replication of said issues that might be harder to replicate regularly, the outcome of repairs, or your experience with your dealership in getting the issues fixed. It also might help if you mention which model you have.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Interesting thread idea!!!
I'm not sure if it will be an efficient way to get a good idea of all the warranty work. I'm guessing that there will be so many different problems that this thread will get too long. I'm pretty sure members will be wanting to look for a specific problem (the one that they are having with their car) and will not want to read through all the other warranty work that doesn't apply to their car, BUT....

Hey Mods, what about a Forum category entitled something like "Car Problems/Warranty Work" ? We already have a category about Mechanical problems. I think this is a very solid idea and would be a great category to have.

If you are looking for the number of members who have had a similar problems then, Later on, perhaps a poll/polls could be conducted asking members to vote to let everyone know specific warranty work that was done.

As far as my warranty work is concerned: I had the malfunctioning front passenger inside door handle fixed. I also asked that the rattle coming from the front window weather stripping to be fixed. This rattle happened when medium to loud music with bass playing or when driving on certain rough roads, especially when windows were completely down. Unfortunately, this problem was supposed to have been fixed, but I now find it is worse.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Great thread.
My warranty work that I've had done on my Si is as follows:
3 auto dimming mirrors replaced; reason they had all developed some sort of black spotting distortion that looked like crap.
Drivers seat bottom upholstery. Reason the red stitching was raveling.
Drivers side rear quarter window seal. It looked like the seal had been rolled and tuck up into itself and was causing condensation, possibly done at time of assembly?
That's all for now, hope that's it too.
Not too bad of a list, I can live with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had the problem of the USB port telling me that everything is "unsupported" took it in during an oil change said hey can you check this out. They told me that I needed to replace the cord and that they have ordered one for me. Had that cable fixed today and they said ok your good to go. I walk outside plug my iphone in and it says "unsupported" again before I even leave. Now they are telling me that I have to replace my whole audio system because there maybe a short in the radio or something. They are taking my car tomorrow and giving me a rental for a few days. we shall see what happens after this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a si sedan and my cig plug under the navi never worked and my break pedal is sticky. I told them to fix it first time it was normal but I persist and ask to speak with a mechanic and told him to feel with his hand and he said he would just order the part and find out since it's under warranty. Upon receiving the car they found it did stick and I only had 2000k miles on it
Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just picked up my car about 20 minutes ago. My rear bumper on the passenger side was sticking out.
uploadfromtaptalk1351301962384.jpg
The reason was the bumper mount clip was broken. They said it wasn't covered under warranty because the damage wasn't normal. Which I don't know how they know that but they did it for free anyway.
uploadfromtaptalk1351302080579.jpg
They ordered the clip for me and it looks good! I'm just happy that my bumper is NORMAL now. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Looks good!, that would bug the heck out of me too!, but then again I have OCD when it comes to my car:)

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
None yet for me. I have just reported an issue with my bluetooth phone interface and hope to get the issue addressed soon. When wet like after a rain there is a terrible noisy background effect that some describe as a jet engine noise on the other end. I cannot hear it but they can. I called my stealership and had them admit that they could hear it and that they would be checking into it.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried the unplug and plug it back in technique but it didn't work. I even made them try it while I was sitting in there bay. At one point they told me my Ballistic Phone case was making it do that because when they took my phone out of the case it started to work then it went right back to unsupported. Needless to say if they can't get it right I will be upgrading it.... to an SI!!!! WOOT WOOT!!! lol I really don't want to because I love my little R18 but I really think an SI would look good in my driveway!

·
Registered
236 Posts
None yet for me. I have just reported an issue with my bluetooth phone interface and hope to get the issue addressed soon. When wet like after a rain there is a terrible noisy background effect that some describe as a jet engine noise on the other end. I cannot hear it but they can. I called my stealership and had them admit that they could hear it and that they would be checking into it.
This happened to me. I just had it fixed last week. They replaced the microphone and it stopped. It took three visits to the dealer. They didn't know what it was and said they had never seen it. They also said they never heard of SI's burning oil though either. Hope this helps.

My friends described the sound the same way you do. Mine it progressively worse until it did it all the time.

Also my front passenger seat is loose. It rocks back and fourth when there's fat people in the seat. They ordered a seat rail. Still waiting....

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

B

·
0 Posts
I did a warranty on my front si emblem. The letter I flew off when I was driving, called to order new si badge it cost me 65 freaking dollars, so I took it in to void 65 bucks.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
@Bpastrana, thanks for the info I will suggest they start with replacing the microphone now. The microphone is actually up in the dome light housing if I remember right.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just picked up my car about 20 minutes ago. My rear bumper on the passenger side was sticking out.
View attachment 13328
The reason was the bumper mount clip was broken. They said it wasn't covered under warranty because the damage wasn't normal. Which I don't know how they know that but they did it for free anyway.
View attachment 13329
They ordered the clip for me and it looks good! I'm just happy that my bumper is NORMAL now. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
It's funny - my rear bumpers also do this, though not as bad. In extreme heat, they actually flex. What the hell did Honda install these bumpers with - double sided tape? There's a lot of weird panel gaps and fitment issues that are not consistent across the line - I inspect almost every 9th gen I see and there are flaws in different places on almost everyone of them. And I've noticed almost all the gloveboxes on the cars on my dealers lot are misaligned and sticking out on the passenger side door side - I had my dealership fix that one.

I am working on thinking of a way on how to 'organize' this thread so it is easier to 'search' for an area of interest that might affect your vehicle. Let me brainstorm some ideas - my tech skills aren't what they used to be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts